• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cab Lights

Irishtornado

Diesel Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone know if the new style cab lights on GMC/Chevy are a direct replacement for the older ones? I don't want to get into a bunch of mods to do it, but I like the looks of them alot better if its a easy swap.

I know they are not a direct replacement. In order to install these, you will need to cut holes in your roof, because the new lights are sunk down in a little. Thats why they have a lower profile (in addition to the LEDs being smaller). Also, these new lights require a plug-in harness, which you would have to figure out. I checked into them at one time, but someone told me that if you had the old lights already, the new ones would not cover all the old holes. :( Not sure if this is true or not...

The new style Will NOT cover the all of the old holes. Sorry bro, i wanted to do the same. But Pacer is selling some sweet LED smoked lights for us!

speaking of new style cab lights....

anybody know the cheapest place to get the NBS cab lights. i'd like to stick a set on my 03

Guys I happen to be hauling one of these and which is what gave me the idea...They look almost like a direct replacement..What are your thoughts.

Attachments

• DSC02641.JPG
    DSC02641.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC02642.JPG
    DSC02642.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC02643.JPG
    DSC02643.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC02446.JPG
    DSC02446.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Guys I happen to be hauling one of these and which is what gave me the idea...They look almost like a direct replacement..What are your thoughts.

The classic body style uses different mounting holes than the new style...they won't work. Now it you don't have cab lights and want to use the new style it will work...I have them on mine.:thumbsup:

Negative. But if you want to unscrew a couple of those lights so we can see the bottom/mating surface part, that'd help ):h.

The dealer missed my marker lights on the 08 I am picking up this week, looks like a $250 dollar fix. The lights aren't bad it's the wire harness.....:incazzato:

How bad do you cringe when you cut the hole? I've had a sawzall to my fenders, so I guess it might not be too bad. I've been thinking about a set of smoked cab lights.

recon does have the new style lights, but i've heard nothing but horror stories about them. the OEM cab lights are only about $30 more from gm parts direct i think.

what horror stories? Everyone I've talked to had nothing but great news about them...Im about to buy some for my rigs and I want to know what's going wrong with them?

what horror stories? Everyone I've talked to had nothing but great news about them...Im about to buy some for my rigs and I want to know what's going wrong with them?

I had the smoke cab lights the first time around, and they faded to a nasty brown within 6 months, after a few calls and emails, they sent out the hyperwhite, had them on for a few years now and they still look ok.

I'm pretty sure it was recon that was being boycotted over on our old home. For lack of a better way of saying it, they copied a very well written install by a customer and labeled it as their instructions without recognizing the guy that actually wrote them.

Most stories have nothing to do with their quality, just that they screwed that guy.

Back