• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BW4401 t-case

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
Well it looks like my t case has broken again, replaced it with a high gear rebuild 2 1/2 yrs ago, 4000 miles on it, yep it's out of warranty...

I think it is the clutch coil...

anyone know of a high quality rebuild kit ?

Sorry to hear it failed after such low mileage, any idea why?

I recall there was another fellow on here about a year ago with the same issue, but he couldn't find any information on getting the case apart. I'll see if I can find the old thread and if he ever figured it out.

Is there any other t- case that could replace the 4401? Seems like it has a weak point in the clutch coil and quality electrical components are hard to come by these days

Here's the link, looks like he got it figured out in the end

In searching myself I can't find a rebuild kit that includes the clutch coil. Strange/ concerning that the problem part is hard to find. Keep us posted on what you come up with for a kit/ replacement parts

Insanely painful. Atlas transfer case by Advanced Adapter.
Your gonna get sticker shock, then understand it will withstand anything you can throw at it. It will never fail you to the point it will be the most reliable component in the truck.
They make 2,3, even 4 speed units.

Update

I spoke with high gear, he said the coil has nothing to do with 2 wheel drive, he thinks the shift linkage is not adjusted right, so I'll check that. Maybe it hasn't wore the fork enough to require rebuilding, time will tell.

Back