• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Buying New Injectors

Badaxe

Reaction score
Has anybody purchased or dealt with Diesel Care Inc? I know "moneyslave" will sell a set for $275, but the difference helps pay for FTB and other parts and IP.

Moneyslave is out of injectors at last report.
There have been good reports about Rock Auto injectors though.

If you have a diesel service center nearby or a farm equipment dealer,you could save some cash by having your injectors rebuilt with Bosch,Stanadyne or Delphi nozzles.

If you have a diesel service center nearby or a farm equipment dealer,you could save some cash by having your injectors rebuilt with Bosch,Stanadyne or Delphi nozzles.

This is what i would suggest to anyone, anyway! As this way you can have the pop pressure set all the same, in a controlled environment, by local people. This is only if you have the time to take them out,,, take them in,, and re-install with out a rush. Also, you should be able to get an install kit from them as well. Return hoses, crush washers, ect. I'd recommend 2200psi set pop pressure.

I'm gonna call a local shop tomorrow to get rebuild price and time. What's a good price on a used set that need rebuilding? Moneyslave is showing 10 on e-bay right now(I know to contact him first).

Just talked to the local shop and they want $47 per rebuild, or $58 for new ones. That's nowhere near my budget. The DTC36 points toward my IP(might of found a rebuilt on a shelf for $150), plates are due(witch means emission inspection, codes=no pass in CO), obviously injectors, upper gasket kit, and figured a FTB would be ideal at this level of tear down.

$47 a pop for rebuilt or $58 a pop for new is a DANGED good price for injectors.

The local diesel shop I use sells rebuilds for $50 + core and they come with a 1 year, unlimited mile warranty. They do good work, it was worth the money.

I can get a new set of GP Sorensen at the Zone minus 20% just over $350 pretax. What does it take to rebuild on my own with new Bosch nozzles?

Good news, I'm getting the IP and he's throwing in a new APP both for $150.

I bought a set of Bosch India injectors from rockauto and had one sticking. I replaced with an old set of German ones I had laying around untill I can get them tested/set

Just to show you that labor in the US is a lot more than India!!!

In perspective, the $50-$55 is probably 100% good with small quantity while the Bosch India is still 96% good and 4% bad (6 sigma good).

The beauty is that we have a choice which is not happening in other countries.

The IP/APP deal is courtesy of his wife making truck go away before he could do repairs. Any thoughts or experience with "the zones" GP Sorensens? Picked up a K47 for $20 yesterday that I didn't want to pass up too.

It's amazing how hard deals are to find around here. The was a 6.5 complete engine on craigslist $400 about a month or so ago, no room or time to do what I would like though. But even super companies like ATS won't touch 6.5s(more negative issues than can count with them from my "old" '04 cummins)

Beware of cheap injectors. The Chinese nozzles don't last - mine only went 30K. They can stick open and let air in the system while the engine is off. Then you crank the engine over for 30+ seconds to prime the injector lines. This is hard on starters.

I would not spend less than $55.00 per injector again! Other than a leaking body the sets I have from a local shop run way better and have eaten lots of fuel and bad fuel at that. A stuck open injector can take out your engine faster than you can lift your foot off the throttle. See my avatar pic from the melted piston from a bad injector...

Back