• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Buying a new truck

OK GUYS........I went to look at it today.

I must say, this is a beautiful truck.

It's a 2006 sierra, black exterior with a BEAUTIFUL grey leather interior with more options than James Bond's Austin Martin. With that said here's the specs...

51k miles
ex cab
GM maintenance
All stock
Tonneau cover
bed liner
everything......

Well I guess the only problem is that he has a small transmission fluid leak from one of the hoses, i checked it out and its a slow leak, like a drip a day. He told me he's getting it fixed this week. Does this bring up any concern?

Otherwise, I feel this is a great deal for 22K!

Thanks guys!!!

Tranny lines leaking are pretty common. My do it also.

Is 22K the asking price? If so, jew him down, he'll likely give in.

It doesn't sound like a bad price to me honesty. If you feel good about it I say go for it.

Yeah, he said that he wouldn't go much lower than 22K, he seemed pretty firm about it. I guess my only concern was the transmission fluid leaking on the transfer case. If he's willing to fix it, it's no concern to me. I'll see if I can knock him down to 20K

This is still the line thats leaking right??? Fluid on the Tcase leads me to think cracked rear housing which is not cheap.

I'm not sure if it's leaking on the case, I'm just thinking worst case scenario. I'll keep you guys posted

That is a steal for that truck compared to what you see them for here. Nice loaded LBZs are usually at least 27k around 50k miles.

Back