• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Buying a new truck

jmpellet

Reaction score
hey guys,

I'm 19 and I've been driving duramaxs for about 3 years now and figured I'd want one for myself. I've been doing alot of research and feel that the LBZ is my best choice. The thing is, I don't really need a diesel because I'm not pulling anything (as of now) and not plowing readily (I'd have to buy a plow with the truck.) I have a 2000 silverado now and need to get a new truck. Should I go duramax or vortec? I am a landscape contractor, if that helps you guys help me.

THANK YOU!!!!

The LBZ is a good choice. As far as not "needing" a diesel, thats not important, it all boils down to what do you want and what can you afford. I don't "need" mine but i wanted it so i bought it.:D You'll find yourself making excuses to pull something if you have the truck to do it with.;)

Noah said it exactly.

I don't need mine either, but it is fun... :cool:

you guys got any recommendations?

im looking prob 05-06. but theyre flying off the lots. also i want under 50k for starters

you guys got any recommendations?

im looking prob 05-06. but theyre flying off the lots. also i want under 50k for starters

New or used. This is the time to buy, you can pretty much "steal" trucks right now, everyone is hurting to get them gone.

Looking for new or used?

well, thats the thing. I can get a good used one for around 20-23K but new I would end up paying MSRP around 40. But I wouldnt have to worry about problems new and I could get all my options, which is basically a 6.6/allison with a plow ex. cab.....I've been back and forth. If any of you work for a dealership and wanna get me a deal, I mean, I wouldn't be against that :)

well, thats the thing. I can get a good used one for around 20-23K but new I would end up paying MSRP around 40. But I wouldnt have to worry about problems new and I could get all my options, which is basically a 6.6/allison with a plow ex. cab.....I've been back and forth. If any of you work for a dealership and wanna get me a deal, I mean, I wouldn't be against that :)

I agree.

As long as you don't plan on modding it to death a new one is a good option.

Personally, I don't think I'll never buy another new truck. Loose to much, and you can't use it like you want IMO.

yea plus I dont have 40K. And I'm using it as a work truck anyway so I'm not modding anything really. I might use a programmer but thats really it. I guess slightly used is my best option

i don't need a diesel or a truck either but I find uses. All the dmaxes are good options, remember that a diesel can last longer than a gas engine due to its design. So even if the truck has 50 -100k on it, it still can last another 150k or even more. Definently look to getting a used truck, people are in desperate straits trying to get there baby gone, you can find a killer deal than dealing with the stealer and taking a loss.

I'm in massachusettes. I found an 06 sierra with 48k on the motor and the guy wants 22k for it. Hoping I can get him down to 20ish. Hes the original owner too. Im going to look at it tomorrow.

I'm in massachusettes. I found an 06 sierra with 48k on the motor and the guy wants 22k for it. Hoping I can get him down to 20ish. Hes the original owner too. Im going to look at it tomorrow.

Remember to shop around a good bit also, don't buy the first thing you see. :)

How many miles are on the truck if there's 48K on the engine?:pop2:

OK GUYS........I went to look at it today.

I must say, this is a beautiful truck.

It's a 2006 sierra, black exterior with a BEAUTIFUL grey leather interior with more options than James Bond's Austin Martin. With that said here's the specs...

51k miles
ex cab
GM maintenance
All stock
Tonneau cover
bed liner
everything......

Well I guess the only problem is that he has a small transmission fluid leak from one of the hoses, i checked it out and its a slow leak, like a drip a day. He told me he's getting it fixed this week. Does this bring up any concern?

Otherwise, I feel this is a great deal for 22K!

Thanks guys!!!

Back