• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Build a "Hotter" Injection Pump?

OS in your dually not being set rite is a possibility, if you will recall Aug 2009 on my trip up to Erie Pa for locomotive Diesel school the sensor lock screw on my IP loosened up on that new IP I had on it I had to send back to get reset.

Get a Passat wagon with the 1.9 TDI, my wife's TDI bug is getting 45 mpg, and some of the TDI guys on TDI forum with manual tranny are getting colse to 60 mpg.

Why doesnt Heath try to build a higher flowing ip? it seems like that could get him a little higher speed at bonneville

Not as simple as one would think, more than just modifying the pump to have it stay together; the system as a whole has to be matched, and since he has so much info/experience with the DS4 IP he chose that as a known entity to start from.

With correct programming the DS4 puts out a LOT of fuel plenty for our needs, last time I talked to him next season he plans to be running a manual trans, as the auto trans he's using eats up about 50 Hp,

He shared with me when I asked why no h/o IP that the goal of LSR was to to make as much speed as he could with off mostly off shelf components one could acquire and staying in confines of a mostly stock trucks weight and ammenities, he says it's kind of neat listening to factory stereo and race reports @ Bonneville while running 150+ mph and factory air if he wants that.

Dennis G01

I don't think that you will need more fuel that we can get out of the DS4 now. You can do a good job of heating things up with the right program if you really want to do that . BUT if you want to be a guinea pig for a project then, we may be talking. How proficient are you at wrenching and how good are you at keeping data?

OH and the BUMP IS NOT THE WAY to go, trust me I know from first hand experience.

Hi Slim,

Pretty good at turning a wrench - but by no means an expert. Data logging is no problem. I've never adjusted an IP. Thanks for the warning about not bumping - I definitely won't do that. I'm not sure about being a guinea pig, though, as this is also my daily driver and we don't have a third vehicle available. I've been very happy with the Kennedy tune I have - but can you give a little more info about that switchable tune I see in your sig? Or, is that something that's not quite ready to be talked about?

Hi Slim,

Pretty good at turning a wrench - but by no means an expert. Data logging is no problem. I've never adjusted an IP. Thanks for the warning about not bumping - I definitely won't do that. I'm not sure about being a guinea pig, though, as this is also my daily driver and we don't have a third vehicle available. I've been very happy with the Kennedy tune I have - but can you give a little more info about that switchable tune I see in your sig? Or, is that something that's not quite ready to be talked about?

Yeah a member here makes the switchable tune for the OBD-1 trucks. I love mine it affords me a nice way to go between different scenarios, towing, performance or fuel economy running empty. I LIKE it myself and figured it was worth the ability to have a tune changed in the future for next to nothing, that is because my truck is a test bed for some up coming mods.

Figures. OBDI can have switchable tunes... D-Max can have programmable tuners... feels like 6.5's with OBDII is lost in between.
Darn, I may actually have fallen into an area where I can control something...
Yeah a member here makes the switchable tune for the OBD-1 trucks. I love mine it affords me a nice way to go between different scenarios, towing, performance or fuel economy running empty. I LIKE it myself and figured it was worth the ability to have a tune changed in the future for next to nothing, that is because my truck is a test bed for some up coming mods.

Please enlighten me on the OBD-1 options for the DB4.
Thanks,
Mark

Back