• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brian Williams

Brian Williams lying fabricated story about his 2003 trip to Iraq and being shot down:

• "It's dead, Jim." So is Brian Williams credibility and career.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • "I will be back!" After 6 months suspension NBC's public will be too stupid to remember or care.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Not enough punishment. NBC should respect combat veterans better than that and needs to outright fir

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Give him a second chance. What's the big deal? We have bigger liars around...

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This contribution is brought to you by WarWagon....

Poll choice 3 is to long so the whole choice is below.

Brian Williams lying fabricated story about his 2003 trip to Iraq and being shot down:

1) "It's dead, Jim." So is Brian Williams credibility and career.
2) "I will be back!" After 6 months suspension NBC's public will be too stupid to remember or care.
3) Not enough punishment. NBC should respect combat veterans better than that and needs to outright fire him.
4) Give him a second chance. What's the big deal? We have bigger liars around...

I agree he will be back, against my wishes. I guy that slips up and swears or something by accident, a second chance is ok. This clown - no.

So he exaggerates and embellishes stories as time passes. So I have a hard time believing his accounts of things. So his credibility as a reporter is suspect.

I voted career over but can he still read a teleprompter and work for TV? Yeah, just don't care to see him interview important people or be the lead reporter on news stories. He doesn't deserve the big bucks, fame, and prestige of head anchor. But then again not many of them do.

I don't like the TV News anyway.

I think he is done. Too many other people to fill his shoes. You don't get many chances to maintain your credibility and keep peoples trust. I think he will fade off into the sunset. If his ratings drop, no TV station will want him. One should definitely not lie about being shot down when you weren"t. It was disrespectful to all of our Veterans who were there serving our Country.

He's an asshole. He was such an established reporter, he didn't need to lie about anything to build up his reputation.

Fire the cork soaker - permanent job loss. You know damn well h'd get a golden parachute so no sweat for him. But no credibility for him ever again.

He’s a bull sh!+er I think the guys a terd and should be asking the crew that took fire what he needs to do As a offering. After all he included himself in there sh!+ he’s not the first and won’t be the last, there have been guys that called sick when it was there time to go out consistently. Then some how they get included in the squad when credit is given.

Back