• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brake Upgrade

saratoga

Unpaid Help
Reaction score
Thinking about doing a brake upgrade to the car... come to find out it has the same 312mm rotors as a Boxter and all it takes is a set of brackets, calipers and ss lines to upgrade from the single piston factory calipers to a set of 4 piston fixed mono block calipers off of a 99-up 2.7L Boxter. Everything will fit inside the factory 17" wheels without any spacers also.

The brackets and lines are $279 and the calipers can be found for $150 each on fleabay. That plus a set of pads for seriously improved stopping power for around $600 is a good deal IMO. The brakes are stiff, but there's no progressive feel to them which everyone says this upgrade dramatically improves.

Sounds like fun, but why upgrade your car when you are wanting to get rid of it?

I'm an idiot that needs projects to keep busy apparently.

Already decided to try selling privately first.

I'm an idiot that needs projects to keep busy apparently.

Already decided to try selling privately first.

If you need a project come and help me.

I am currently fully remodeling my kitchen. Everything out all new in, joy! :thumbsup:

Oh, idiot no, trying to find ways to stay busy, yes! :agreed:

If you need projects, come on up. I can put you to work doing fiberglass work as I HATE doing fiberglass and have a boat that I need to finish up the transom for.

Ugg... my experience with fiberglass involves crawling around in the attic then you know the rest.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Hell yea, the Porsche Brakes are a Common Upgrade on VW's.

I say go for it if you can get the Parts Cheap enough.

Those would look bad ass. If you need help, let me know. Brake jobs on new cars are easy. Going from a single piston to a dual piston caliper is gonna be a HUGE improvement.

Those would look bad ass. If you need help, let me know. Brake jobs on new cars are easy. Going from a single piston to a dual piston caliper is gonna be a HUGE improvement.

Four piston ;)
Rebuilt calipers- $156 each
Pads- $46
Brackets & lines- $279

$637 plus shipping

Back