• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Brake upgrade for my 98 K3500

Thanx for the response. Is the reward it worth all the effort? When I put the disk brake rear in I didn't need to do anything but it was a dually rear with the large cylinders. Did you do anything to your master cylinder?

Heading to the pick an pull tomorrow; there are a couple of 01-07 2500HDs. What tools are necessary to get these hubs out? What all should I make sure and get (doing the NNBS calipers/rotors so won't mess w/that).

Heading to the pick an pull tomorrow; there are a couple of 01-07 2500HDs. What tools are necessary to get these hubs out? What all should I make sure and get (doing the NNBS calipers/rotors so won't mess w/that).

You just need the spindles, aka knuckles. After pulling the brake gear (calipers, rotors) and the CV axles, you’ll need a pickle fork and a BFH (hammer) to separate the ball joints and tie rod end and they’re yours.

I may have missed it in the various threads, but can I replace the 8 bolt hub with a 6bolt hub to fit my 2019 wheels? I picked up the spindles of a 2500 4WD yesterday at the pick and pull, but I would need to replace the hubs.

Attachments

• IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1504 (1).jpg
    IMG_1504 (1).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 17
I may have missed it in the various threads, but can I replace the 8 bolt hub with a 6bolt hub to fit my 2019 wheels? I picked up the spindles of a 2500 4WD yesterday at the pick and pull, but I would need to replace the hubs.

The GMT 800 era bearing hubs for the 1500 attached with just 3 bolts vs 4 bolts for the 2500.

Sounds like I got a paperweight for my 2hrs of labor plus cash. Any market for these? And does this mean that for my 99 Tahoe, any of the 6 lug NBS spindles will work if they have 4WD?

You could go with the GMT 800 spindles from a 4wd 1500, but those brake calipers and pads are smaller.

I was hoping to go with the NNBS caliper and rotor and mount to the NBS spindle. Is that not possible?

No, they're not if you get the right ones. GM offered massive 13" rotors and matching calipers on later models.

Thanks for the update. My search efforts in the boneyards were focused on 2005 and earlier vehicles and my observation was that the brake components on the 1500s were smaller. They were still dual piston calipers, but smaller.

Back