• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

bosch glow plugs

croberts

Reaction score
Are the Bosch duraterm glow plugs offered from Heath Diesel different from the plugs of the same name offered by autozone. The price is dramaticly different if they are in fact the same thing it seems like autozone has the better deal. Please advise as I will be changing mine out soon. Thanks !!!

If you chose to buy from RockAuto as suggested above, be sure to stop in our Deal Finder section and pick up a current discount code from the RockAuto sticky at the top of the page.

I also got mine from rock auto. But the ones at autozone in the bosch boxes ARE the same. Ive checked them out before i found rock auto.

They are the same. I bought one set from Heath and one set from Rock Auto. No difference. Bill is far from the cheapest on alot of things but just remember, when you have a problem with your 6.5 and no one else can help you...I like to throw some business Bills way. I doubt Rock Auto or Autozone would be very helpful if I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my 6.5TD

Exactly.

They are the same. I bought one set from Heath and one set from Rock Auto. No difference. Bill is far from the cheapest on alot of things but just remember, when you have a problem with your 6.5 and no one else can help you...I like to throw some business Bills way. I doubt Rock Auto or Autozone would be very helpful if I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my 6.5TD

here here

I agree, I would rather pay a bit more and have someone stand behind the product. Often we shop for best price and forget to factor in knowledge and after sales support, in the purchase price. I like to support my local shops, even though I could get parts a bit cheaper elsewhere, but in the long run it pays off.

From what I read Bill is a standup guy who takes the time to answer his phone calls and cares about your rig! Why not throw him the business even if its a bit more pricey? Try talking to a lawyer on the phone and see how much knowledge costs :(

I think Bill would even give you the same advice, weather you bought or didn't....He never pressures you to buy, he's just one of the old school "good guys" that are getting harder and harder to find.

Back