• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Boost lag leads to bad vane position sensor

Well if it's one "good will" repair per vin... I've already used that one up. I started having troubles with my locker around 34,000 miles. It went in around 4-5 times until it was finally replaced and that was around 39,000 or so. And the dealership replaced my trans line twice after the 36,000 was up. They have been pretty good to me so far minus the run-around for this sensor.
If you brought it in for the problem while in the warranty period and they couldn't find it, I believe they still have to cover it.
That's why when I had my truck at the dealer for something else, I mentioned that I thought possibly that the injectors were going bad and listed a couple symptoms and asked them to check them. The guy just rambled off that it wasn't likely but I figured at least it's documented. But he never documented it. Good thing there isn't anything wrong with them, I just wanted to get it on paper so that if they did go after the 7yr point I would still be covered. The guy probably knew what I was doing and didn't note it on purpose.

Back