• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Boost Fooler Adjustment Question

Thanks guys!

Where else can you ask a question, and within 24 hrs develop scientific theory, do R&D, including real time data from actual test runs:D

I will run it to see if continues to throw a code and if it does, I will put another $2.99 pot on the baro until I get the scratch for a GL4.

No on OBD-Is you have a MAP on intake, and a baro on firewall even F's, in OBD-II F's the intake MAP is dual purpose, reads/sets baro value at startup, then becomes the MAP(boost) input after start complete, S OBD-II still have 2 sensors

I wasn't saying it was TD but trying to interpret what JK's site was saying. I edited my observation for clarity. Thanks.

Also, I hated myself all day when I realized I wrote sea level instead of standard day.

Actually, It's been a lousy day.

Last edited:
So you did not need to fool the baro either to get 10 psi....correct?

Today, I didn't need it at all but then, again, in the summer I code at 2.5 and today it would tolerate 4.5 though it hardly matters as it controls coding and allows 12 psi at 2.5 and I'll leave it there.

You shouldnt need anything on the baro, unless youre coding EGR codes. What are the codes that you get? What "F" chip broadcast code did you put in there and I guess its a stock chip.

TD,

If you see this, here's something I've wondered.

If you were a mechanical engineer trying to get this engine to work with a turbo, what baselines would you use? I'd go with the definition of a standard day and measure in atmospheres acknowledging that the performance would vary depending on the temperature and pressure altitude. I'd integrate a baro and come up with a schedule to map boost. At that point, I wouldn't bother to extract the baro from the system if I was rushing to production and have to rewrite the programming.

Assuming something else isn't at work, my summertime 2.5 setting/winter 4.5 setting runs opposite what I'd think would happen if the purpose of the baro is to compensate for temp/pressure changes and shift the schedule back to a nominal point.

What am I missing?

Back