• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Billet cam manufactures

This goes way back in the day to the early-mid 1960's, but I know dad worked directly with Iskenderian, giving them the specs, to custom make the camshaft for our 600+ HP, solid lifter, NA 327 alcohol fuel-injected sprint car motor, designed to run at 8,000-10,000 RPM. I think Isky still uses that cam grind, or one very similar to it, for their race motor applications. I don't know if they still do, or if they do the cost, of doing a one-off custom cam grind. Don't know if that helps or not, @Twisted Steel Performance .

@Husker6.5 , yea I have spoken with them and most of the other big name cam shops with no luck..

Think of it this way, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, gas motors are very popular in all kinds of racing, small & big blocks and any mix of them, so those cams would sell...

Most of the owners of a 6.x balks at spending 200$ unless they believe it will add 200hp :banghead:

That and the fact that most would ask for engine dyno proof of said improvements, I may be able to engine dyno my build next year, at the same time this is for ME, I know there are regrinds out there, and I already know a regrind is a waist of time, very little can be changed with regrinds, this motor can become better with a better cam, this was designed to be a fuel mizer period, making slight changes to a stock cam doesn't do anything real...

@Husker6.5 , yea I have spoken with them and most of the other big name cam shops with no luck..

Think of it this way, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, gas motors are very popular in all kinds of racing, small & big blocks and any mix of them, so those cams would sell...

Most of the owners of a 6.x balks at spending 200$ unless they believe it will add 200hp :banghead:

That and the fact that most would ask for engine dyno proof of said improvements, I may be able to engine dyno my build next year, at the same time this is for ME, I know there are regrinds out there, and I already know a regrind is a waist of time, very little can be changed with regrinds, this motor can become better with a better cam, this was designed to be a fuel mizer period, making slight changes to a stock cam doesn't do anything real...
Sorry to hear that. It was just a thought as they had done a one-off for us.

@EWC , this weekend I'm going to fill out the "cam recommendation" page on Jones's web page and see how they compare to what the other guy came up with...

I did get a recommendation for a semi stock motor as well so I have 2 different specs...

Or heated the camshaft up before welding, then tempered it on the cool down. Still, more $$$. Too bad you can't just punch in what you want and have a 3D laser printer make a new camshaft!

Back