• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

best tune for the att???

is heath going to offer the tune your running

I think it is the standard ATT tune now, but that also can be tailored if you want he's been very accommodating to trying different tunes, the original GLE tune worked fine, but wasn't quite "there" when matched to the ATT vs GM-8 now IMO it's "there" for what I do with it.

Bill has had a few ATT'd trucks in his shop now so he's gotten some good data on how to set them up for the ATT, with all he was doing to prep the LSR last year or so ATT tuning had to take a back seat.

Well i use my truck as a driver so i'm just looking for good preformace and milage, BUT i frequently pull a 10k-15k pound trailer and need more grunt for headin up the hills with it.

I think you'll be pleased with a setup similar to mine I pull up to 18K with mine on occasion, but no major hill or altitude, Oregon Horse Tug pulls big & in hills with an older Heath ATT tune last time we compared notes he was going to look into the latest variation.

I sell both. Depending upon your situation, I recommend both. I rode recently in Paveltolz 1/2 ton with the ATT and the newest Heath ATT tune. That thing just flat ripped. I loved it. This would be my next tune, if I was to buy today.

That said, I drive the KOJO tune, and other than maybe a hopped up 6.0 ford Excursion, I have the most powerful diesel SUV to be found. Once the big girl gets spooled up and revving, there is no mountain pass to steep. And yes, I live in the big boy mountains!

I appreciate everybodies input on this. That's what is so great about this forum, straight to the mark evaluations.

If I can ever get enough funds to get an ATT I'm leaning towards something like Tim described as his ideal tune, whoever happens to make it at the time that I can afford one. Yes, the "teenager" in me would enjoy an excursion down the performance trail, but the "adult" keeps me grounded in reality, financial reality.

Don

Now, do I pass or fail the memory test? Seriously, I'm curious to know if my memory is way off or not. There are times I wonder about my memory, who am I, Don where am I, Ritecheer at TTS where am I going,snipe hunting and why? Snipes need to be hunted...
Don

There ya go...:hihi:

You got me good there Mike! If I would of had something in my mouth I would of had to clean up the keyboard and moniter.
Don

Us snipes need to be stickin' together... 'specially us OLD ones... ;)

And that Wilson's Snipe looks like it could do some serious peckin':eek:

What the hell this has to do with ATT tunes is beyond me... Guess I'll just give me an OT infraction:rolleyes5:
:wrongforum: :eek:fftopic: :rules:

lol i'm not complainin, because we had some good info and opinion on tunes but wow lol talk about wondering off topic, and snipes of all things lol........

That said, I drive the KOJO tune, and other than maybe a hopped up 6.0 ford Excursion, I have the most powerful diesel SUV to be found. !

yeah but the Excursion will be in the shop with blown HG's or Turbo, or injs etc etc. That said I have never seen nor rode a Kojo tune but I can tell you Heath's tune can be very aggresive and run high egt's too. I am waiting for some warm weather to run some readings on mine but have started to feel that maybe Bill tuned mine way too aggresivley. I can send my pyro smoking but the truck will literally throw you in the seat. I took another member for a ride in it today and he was in disbelief at SOP value. I can almost break the tires loose and it's a Dually.
Point...Like TD said...every tune responds differently to the truck it is in.

Back