• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

best tune for the att???

Hoyt572

Reaction score
I am very seriously considering buying an ATT for my truck, but i want a reflash at the same time, i'm currious weather the kojo tune or the heath for the att is a better tune to run with it.

ok sig filled out, i'm from another forum that refuses to talk about the ATT so i had to come over to get any real info, they're a bunch of babies over there.

ok sig filled out, i'm from another forum that refuses to talk about the ATT so i had to come over to get any real info, they're a bunch of babies over there.

i don't think that we are all a bunch of babies over there.... i think that everyone has their own preferences.... if i remember correctly i said in the thread over there that the kojo tune is specific for the ATT... maybe next time you should choose your words a little more carefully, when referring to ''the people over there''....

i don't think that we are all a bunch of babies over there.... i think that everyone has their own preferences.... if i remember correctly i said in the thread over there that the kojo tune is specific for the ATT... maybe next time you should choose your words a little more carefully, when referring to ''the people over there''....

I'm not trying to hurt any feeling, but i'm just so tired of every time anyone brings up the ATT over there people don't even want to give opinion on if for fear of causing a fight, these are forums for technical discussion not an arguing center.

Agreed.

anyways.

both Heath and Kojo make custom tunes for the ATT. Either way you can't really go wrong. I personally have a heath tune and love it, but i don't have an ATT so therefore my tune is not the ATT specific tune.

Yeah, they're not all babies :hihi:, I mean both of us are over there and turbonator is cool and lots of others. I would refer to it more like stubborn, and actually you will find that a lot of the drama is from emotional posters that favor this site, and they didn't leave their emotion over there. It has improved a lot over there over last couple years.

The Kojo tune will cost less, and he will work with you on customizing it if you have inputs. Like if you want certain tranny gears to shift harder or softer, you could tell him that 2nd to 3rd is too hard at low speed but too soft on hard acceleration and he could work with you. Or say you want more timing as RPMs increase, but not under sustained load conditions, he could make something that builds advance faster than stock off idle, but retards some if sitting at a decent fuel rate of say 50-60mm3 with 2000rpm and up. Because if youre sustaining 50-60mm3 then you must be pulling or going up a long hill and you may not want as much advance since susatained boost will increase IAT which will shorten ignition delay, and ECTs and more advance allows more heat transfer to the heads. So he could work with you if you had specific input.

Yeah, they're not all babies :hihi:, I mean both of us are over there. I would refer to it more like stubborn, and actually you will find that a lot of the drama is from emotional posters that favor this site, and they didn't leave their emotion over there. It has improved a lot over there over last couple years.

The Kojo tune will cost less, and he will work with you on customizing it if you have inputs. Like if you want certain tranny gears to shift harder or softer, you could tell him that 2nd to 3rd is too hard at low speed but too soft on hard acceleration and he could work with you. Or say you want more timing as RPMs increase, but not under sustained load conditions, he could make something that builds advance faster than stock off idle, but retards some if sitting at a decent fuel rate of say 60mm3 with 2000rpm and up. Because if youre sustaining 50-60mm3 then you must be pulling or going up a long hill and you may not want as much advance since susatained boost will increae IAT, and ECTs and more advance allows more heat transfer to the heads. So he could work with you if you had specific input.

from what i understand, there is someone here that can make any tune that you want.... that poster has been a ''buddy'' to us all one time or another....:rolleyes5:

WOW! I have to look and see my web browser to see where I am logged in. Are you guys a "tag team"? :rof:

LMAO......turbonator is actually two guys anyways, a couple of brothers.

.......and I understand about checking browsers, my brother signs us up where ever he finds good info, 8 or 9 sites now....... we used to use different user name each time, but I am getting old and kept loosing the list with site name, user name and password.....:mad2: yes, can be :WTF::WTF: a lot of the time.

We partner up with anybody that offers good advise, coupled with a little humor.....:thumbsup:

Jeff was actually searching info on the ATT and was directed here also. I am glad, found a performance 6.5L forum, which to me means a little more power and a whole lot more reliability.

LMAO......turbonator is actually two guys anyways, a couple of brothers.

.......and I understand about checking browsers, my brother signs us up where ever he finds good info, 8 or 9 sites now....... we used to use different user name each time, but I am getting old and kept loosing the list with site name, user name and password.....:mad2: yes, can be :WTF::WTF: a lot of the time.

We partner up with anybody that offers good advise, coupled with a little humor.....:thumbsup:

Jeff was actually searching info on the ATT and was directed here also. I am glad, found a performance 6.5L forum, which to me means a little more power and a whole lot more reliability.

Maybe you guys ought to sign the end of your post so we know who were talking to. I've thought it sounded a little diff some times.

I've got the Heath ATT Tune specific to my truck. Works great, certainly woke up the ATT and a Vendor here took the truck for a ride and commented on how much he liked it. I swapped back to the GM-5 for a bit (gathering mpg data I didn't have pre-swap) and the same tune works equally well for it too. I had the GLE tune before and while it really woke the truck up (GM-5) over stock, and the ATT was no slouch with it, I wanted more umpf and was going to try the GL4 anyway. Heath did his magic and WOW.
I'll put the ATT back on this week and continue to enjoy the fun.

I've got a memory test I need some help with (testing my memory).

It seems like I read somewhere that both Kojo and Heath tunes for the ATT were good. The biggest difference was that with Kojo you needed to be more attentive to the EGT's under heavy throttle conditions than with the Heath tune. The impression I got was that the Heath tune was maybe slightly milder than the Kojo tune because of the EGT situation.

Now, do I pass or fail the memory test? Seriously, I'm curious to know if my memory is way off or not. There are times I wonder about my memory, who am I, where am I, where am I going, and why?

Don

That was just one person's impressions on one truck compared to an entirely different truck, so cannot really make conclusive statments like that. You must also understand that the program can be changed in a matter of seconds. Every PCM could be different.

I won't go down the road saying just who has a best tune as it never has a good outcome kind of like a what is the best flavor of ice cream discussion, to drill down further; one needs to ask best at what, towing-racing-EGT control- smoke/no smoke, best 1/4 mile, most grunt pulling a sled, best economy, best dyno numbers, what is the definition of best.

I've tried many variations on mine have ridden in a number of others, I helped Terry Hark get his Kojo/ATT running this past summer and possibly that is the higher EGT reference you are remembering Don, while yes it was a different comparison to my truck or others, I feel I have been in the 6.5 game long enough and ridden in enough different 6.5s to be able to make a valid observation that the rate of rise and seat of pant feel to go with what was seen on the EGT and the level it tops out is significantly faster/higher than what I've ever seen in a Heath tune is that a detriment; maybe depending on goal of the trucks owner, something to rule out one over another no, just an observation.

I'm not saying one is better than another, some folks like that EGT on limit capability, others may not (me) I'm not sole driver of my vehicle and I prefer a little less aggressive fueling to mine, the one who has the most OBD-II time with a Kojo tune & ATT in US I think is TMHark you may want to PM him, I only rode in it for the days I was there helping out, so his opinion on KOJO/ATT far more noteworthy with it than mine.

Every programmer has ability to make a custom tune to the drivers wishes, I've been a long time customer of Bill's, Temu/Kojo is overseas if I want a tweak 3 day priority mail each way and I'll have a new one in hand if I go to Bill,

I'm on 4th iteration of tune for the ATT now with Bill, I've settled on one that gives authoritative acceleration and lowered smoke unless I really hammer down on it, 2nd one was all acceleration & a LOT of smoke which was not what I wanted, one caveat what programmers truck owns the world's 6.5 land speed record ? ;)

I've ridden in TDs truck, he'd have to tell you which tune was in at the time though. I was EXTREMELY impressed with the performance of the ATT and Heath tune. Will he run with my LBZ? No. Will he embarrass many tuned 7.3s? Absolutely. It felt like a well built BB gas motor to me. He also runs great oil BTW. :D

I won't go down the road saying just who has a best tune as it never has a good outcome kind of like a what is the best flavor of ice cream discussion, to drill down further; one needs to ask best at what, towing-racing-EGT control- smoke/no smoke, best 1/4 mile, most grunt pulling a sled, best economy, best dyno numbers, what is the definition of best.

Well i use my truck as a driver so i'm just looking for good preformace and milage, BUT i frequently pull a 10k-15k pound trailer and need more grunt for headin up the hills with it.

Back