• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BCM Flashing

catmenace

Reaction score
New to this forum;

I have a 2011 SIERRA 3500 and it already is built and EFI tuned. I believe my BCM has packed it in and so bought a new one from the stealership....mistake. I have it thought and I believe I will require a flash for it. I believe this can be done through EFI live but requires a new licence for my V2, which I do have. Where do I get the tuning files for the BCM?
Thanks in advance.

Welcome! EFILive will not flash the BCM. You'll need a Tech II to do that for you.

The bcm flashing is if you go to fleece/bt diesel works and get there custom bcm tuning. It does NOT flash in stock calibrations, or even give support for bcm flashing/programming to the general efilive users as the software is the work of fleece and bt diesel works. The only way you could flash your bcm with your V2 would be if you bought custom bcm tuning from fleece/bt to go in it, and since your bcm is blank, that may not even work.

Pretty sure you need an mdi to flash your bcm. The tech 2 still supports reading on your 2011 truck, but most bcm flashes have to come straight from GM, and go through a laptop and the MDI gateway. Even with a tis2web subscription, I'm not sure if you could connect the Tech 2 to your laptop to flash that particuliar bcm.

No you were right in that you can not flash the base BCM data with EFI Live but it can be modified with EFI live. I am going to get the BCM from BT Diesel who can do both.

Back