• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

BCI Group 48/H6 battery options

3500GMC

What T F, over
Reaction score
In my 2018 Dmax. It's time for new batteries. Would like to stick with classic flooded lead acid. I personally have not had any luck with AGM.

Any U.S. manufacturers left?

If so, What sticker (brand names) should I look for?

Duralast/Azone? Interstate? Everstart/Wally World?

Suffice to say I checked availability in the Duralast Platinum and got some sticker shock..

Yuppers. Idk who makes the AC Delco batteries but the ones in new trucks seem to outlast anything available under parts store names talking to guys that don’t run agm.

A note on agm- most short life agm is system failures/ weakness like poor connection, bad cables or faulty alternators. So be very thorough with yours when you do swap out to the new battery. Might as well spend time now in inspection and testing rather than later in diagnostics.

Well here's a quick way to drop a total of $408. That's four hundred-eight american greenbacks which has already been taxed at least 4 times by the time I see it. This is even with turning in 2 cores at $16 each. I am not bragging about it, in fact I'm tender in spots, now..

20230902_153620.jpg

A note on agm- most short life agm is system failures/ weakness like poor connection, bad cables or faulty alternators. So be very thorough with yours when you do swap out to the new battery. Might as well spend time now in inspection and testing rather than later in diagnostics.
Good to know on future endeavors. Thanks.

Back