• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks latest build has wild looking headers. Also cool mention about cerakote and new color options.

Neat video.

But the question I have is whether the main focus was on headers, or a custom exhaust manifold. Based on the narrative, I am leaning toward custom manifold as there is no mention of measuring exhaust pulses and only measuring to make sure the tubes fit. For headers. I'd expect to hear commentary on how the exhaust pules mesh so as to not collide and help with scavenging.

Then again, perhaps I am confusing what is now known as tuned exhaust with the original intent of headers.

Yeah, it is a Banks build, using banks parts and since those headers aren’t for sale- they won’t spend much time talking about them. But if they didn’t say anything l, no one would shut up about them the whole time it’s at sema or online.

I see in ebay and other sites, header building kits. Specify the engine and they come with the header flange plates with pre drilled, precut exhaust ports and a bunch of different bends that can be put together.
I have thought, where is the performance in that ?
The 1959 Dodge W100 Power Wagon, it has a cracked exhaust manifold. I have thought about getting one of those kits to build headers for that truck. Even though it would lack the performance, it might stop that ugly sound created from that cracked RH manifold.

Back