• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks iQ for 07 LBZ

Flyboy207

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if you have to run a banks tuner to use the iQ gauge system. I saw it installed in a Dodge and I liked the versatility, but I don't need the Six-Gun or whatever it is. Thanks

IMO, go with one of the Edge Insight Monitors if you just want the Digital Gauges and no Tuning.

I was just looking at this too. Doing some reading it appears I can control a DSP5 tune through the Insight? It also looks like you can attached a number of different temp sensors to monitor about anything you can stick a probe into. Anybody have any reason the Insight alone is not a great replacement for a guage pod cluster?

Anybody have any reason the Insight alone is not a great replacement for a guage pod cluster?

Love it in the Burb. Instead of scanning a whole pillar full of gauges, I have mine set like the video (3 analog, 2 digital) and get one display covering 5 data points at a quick glance. The Insight allows for user defined audible alerts. Not knocking the other products, just relaying an experience. The Insight is a little more expensive than going with individual gauges, but I put a premium on keeping my focus on the road, so the consolidation is key; user defined alerting is the bonus.

Almost forgot, the Insight accepts video input via a RCA connection (intended use as a backup camera) and is transportable from OBDII vehicle to OBDII vehicle in case you change rigs and want to keep the Edge or help somebody else read codes / etc.

Just got an E-mail where Edge upped the game and added features to include G-force, pitch / roll, HP / torque, and an add-on to control accessories (lights, air pump, etc). For existing owners, the mods are a software download upgrade (except the accessory control which needs a module).

The Insight is in the mail. But it appears I missed a key part where it can only switch EFI DSP5 tunes on years 01-05. Says it right in the video too, I'm an idiot. I dont think that it would sway my decision to use it as a moniter though. I dont think you can go wrong with it.

The Insight is in the mail. But it appears I missed a key part where it can only switch EFI DSP5 tunes on years 01-05. . . .

Am going to parrot what I have read from others: look elsewhere for tuning and switching tunes.

For use as a monitor / gauge cluster, I still stand by the personal observation that it makes a great cluster display with bonus features including monitor alerts and diagnostics for the OBD II platform. ;)

Am going to parrot what I have read from others: look elsewhere for tuning and switching tunes.

For use as a monitor / gauge cluster, I still stand by the personal observation that it makes a great cluster display with bonus features including monitor alerts and diagnostics for the OBD II platform. ;)

EDGE and EFILIVE worked together for the 01-05 DURAMAX DSP5 and CUMMINS CSP5 switcheable tunes. unfortunately the BOSCH ECM wouldn't work with it so that is the problem there. The EDGE simply used EFILIVES data protocol to switch the tunes via serial bus for the 01-05 trucks.

Back