• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks Economind

I can understand the better breathing and free flow of the exhaust by losing the cat. Will the engine start throwng codes?? Will it increase the noise level??

Thats the thing with these trucks. Not all of them are the same. They each have their own personalities. Some will throw codes when you take off the cat. Some wont. Some will only when you tow anything. Some throw codes only when you stomp on the go pedal. Some throw codes when you drive by flower shops. Some dont throw any at all.

There's just no telling. None of my trucks ever threw any codes. Typically, the north east and California trucks have been the most sensitive when it comes to removing cats. However, I have a north east truck that I bought up in the communist state of New York and I never got a check engine light.

Most likely, you wont get any light at all. I never got one on any of my trucks for removing the cats. Either way, if you do, it wont effect driveability and your programmer can erase the code for you since they all have the ability to read and clear diagnostics.

Im starting to lean more to EFI live. Is there a particuler vendor you would recommend, or the better question is, what vendor has the time and patience to deal with the village idiot ( talking about myself here). Im going to need mucho coaching.

Im starting to lean more to EFI live. Is there a particuler vendor you would recommend, or the better question is, what vendor has the time and patience to deal with the village idiot ( talking about myself here). Im going to need mucho coaching.

EFILIVE is a learned artform. Most vendors will supply you with one or two tunes to go with it so you can see what changes they make. If tuning isn't your thing then I would get the spare ECM and send it to Tony at RIDGE RUNNER DIESEL and have him do his custom tuning to it for what you want it to be. Then you will have your stock ECM to use if you need to take it in for service work, and a custom tuned ECM that will give you all the benefits of EFILIVE without the learning curve.

Back