• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Back after being away for 10 years

jhornsby3

Reaction score
Hey all,

Sold my old 95 GMC back in 2013. Been without a diesel until a few years ago when we picked up a 2004 Chevy K3500 with a Duramax, to pull our boat. And the pick up being stock, does a great job of pulling our 13,500 pound load through the Oregon hills. Yes, we did it the proper way and got the boat then found the pick up for the load.

I loved our old 95, but with a growing family, we moved to a Suburban for the room. Now that the kids are older and the need for so much stuff to go with is gone, we sold that and moved to something with more power.

Found the new pick up for a good deal with low miles (109K) and off we have gone. She's been good to us and is far from perfect. But she still looks good and does the intended job. We hope this year, we can put more than the 1000 miles we did last year on her. With gas prices being so high, the boat didn't go out like we had hoped. At over $6 for marine fuel, we fished in the back yard more than in the water.

I know everybody like photos, so..........11-Aug-2023 (2).JPG11-Aug-2023 (4).JPG122429495_10219043528661708_7251044737554091096_n.jpg

Hey all,

Sold my old 95 GMC back in 2013. Been without a diesel until a few years ago when we picked up a 2004 Chevy K3500 with a Duramax, to pull our boat. And the pick up being stock, does a great job of pulling our 13,500 pound load through the Oregon hills. Yes, we did it the proper way and got the boat then found the pick up for the load.

I loved our old 95, but with a growing family, we moved to a Suburban for the room. Now that the kids are older and the need for so much stuff to go with is gone, we sold that and moved to something with more power.

Found the new pick up for a good deal with low miles (109K) and off we have gone. She's been good to us and is far from perfect. But she still looks good and does the intended job. We hope this year, we can put more than the 1000 miles we did last year on her. With gas prices being so high, the boat didn't go out like we had hoped. At over $6 for marine fuel, we fished in the back yard more than in the water.

I know everybody like photos, so..........View attachment 85802View attachment 85803View attachment 85804
Sweet. I'd like a much smaller boat. But I doubt we'd ever use it

Sweet. I'd like a much smaller boat. But I doubt we'd ever use it

Well, we have two. A 1977 General Marine SVR 19 (Sea Ray molds). It's a 19' runabout with inboard/outboard engine, too. It's an open cockpit, closed bow, that doesn't have any canvas for. There is a lot of places I can't pull the bigger boat due to being over width and height. So we take it to those lakes and rivers.

The 1992 Sea Ray 300DA is registered as a 30' boat but has a 33.8' length over all and is 10.6' wide. IIRC the state has a length limit of 69' and I'm over by, around 4 inches. With the width being so wide, there is a lot of places I can't take it. This year, I'm planning to haul it to a lake north of us, just because I can. I need to check the ramp depth first, but it would be the largest boat, ever, on that lake. Not many people around here has a 30' Express Cruiser and I don't know of any around on trailers. Most with a boat that size puts it in the water and that is where it stays.

From our stay in Newport, OR when we went out for tuna. Heading out to the "big pond".

A 45 minute search in my photo files and I can't find any of the smaller boat. I'll keep trying to find them.6-Sept-2023 (25).JPG20230907_152603_HDR.jpg

Welcome back, from a newcomer.
My son, they have an Avalanche, IIRC thats what its called, kind of like a Suburban. There is 3 teen age childrens in the family.
When they take the camper then it’s the 2016 CC SB SRW K3500 with the Duramax.
Thats a nice powerful truck. I’d think Yours would be the same.

Welcome back, from a newcomer.
My son, they have an Avalanche, IIRC thats what its called, kind of like a Suburban. There is 3 teen age childrens in the family.
When they take the camper then it’s the 2016 CC SB SRW K3500 with the Duramax.
Thats a nice powerful truck. I’d think Yours would be the same.
With my boat being a certified yacht and weighing in at 13500 pounds loaded, it pulls fine. And I have the Oregon coast range to my west and the cascades to my east.

With my boat being a certified yacht and weighing in at 13500 pounds loaded, it pulls fine. And I have the Oregon coast range to my west and the cascades to my east.
You are in a beautiful area.
I might have been close to there many years ago.
Went over to east of Eugene where my cousin was living, Walterville area. picked up a load of Triumph motorcycle parts.
It was amazing to see all the water. Far far different than eastern Montana.

You are in a beautiful area.
I might have been close to there many years ago.
Went over to east of Eugene where my cousin was living, Walterville area. picked up a load of Triumph motorcycle parts.
It was amazing to see all the water. Far far different than eastern Montana.

I'm, about 40 miles north, as a crow flys, from Eugene. I'm actually on the east slope of the coast range near Lincoln City, on the coast.

It's ok

Back