• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Awsome 6.2 sucks air cleaner bolt, ate head but have a 6.5 set of heads

If you can come up with about $100 use a Tiny Tach. I've had one for about three years now and love it. No more worries about having the correct size pulley on my alternator. They use a transducer clamped to an injector line and read injection pulses, and have a digital readout. For the 6.2/6.5 you need the transducer for 1/4" injector lines. To read about and order go to: tinytach(dot)com/diesel.php

Don

If you can come up with about $100 use a Tiny Tach. I've had one for about three years now and love it. No more worries about having the correct size pulley on my alternator. They use a transducer clamped to an injector line and read injection pulses, and have a digital readout. For the 6.2/6.5 you need the transducer for 1/4" injector lines. To read about and order go to: tinytach(dot)com/diesel.php

Don

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?34578-TINY-TACH-digital-display&highlight=tiny+tach
My ears were burning reading this thread because I was going to post the same thing. I have the Tiny Tachs in stock.
They are very simple and will cost less i think Email me if you think you'd like one.
[email protected]

DSCN3351.JPGDSCN3355.JPGDSCN3356.JPGDSCN3354.JPG

ok got j code 6.2 with turbo off cousin good runner he swapped out for 6.5, stabbed in old body to find out down pipe off turbo has to exit outside of frame and will have to extend crossover pipe to clear front drive-line or shorten? also have to cut tab off clutch linkage and re-weld to clear bolts on exhaust manifold beside that, any tips on what else i might be up against? front clip is off so easy to fix and fight problems now, going with serpentine system and putting dual electric fans on radiator.

Maybe run the stock 6.2 drivers manifold, that might give you some extra room?

You don't need to repop the injectors, I ran n/a ones to 22 psi, no issues.

Back