• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Auto-steer

we are probably going to upgrade combines after wheat harvest this year and will most likely have a yield monitor on the next one. we will probably add this display unit and system to it.

http://www.trimble.com/flash/ag_fieldmanagerDemo/aggps_fieldmanager_demo.shtml

its a pretty sweet system. it will run autosteer, be your yield monitor, adjust your variable seeding and nitrogen rates when used in conjuction with your planting tractor.

Are you guys gonna get a deere combine or what kind you guys gonna run? The reason I'm asking is b/c we have an Ag Leader INsight box, which looks identical to the Trimble one in your link. After about 3 years of use the screen decided it wasn't going to work anymore. We have the new GS2 display in our planter tractors and Sprayer and they are nice and easy to use. I would look into the GS2 monitor really hard if you're gonna get a newer Deere combine. Just my $.02.

the agleader insight box and the trimble one are identical. we're leaning toward the ag leader/trimble software and hardware because they are pretty color blind as far as being able to run on different brands, more so than a deere product. if we use that insight monitor as a yield mapping tool in the combine, most likely it will be put in our 9330 case 4wd that will eventually used as a planting tractor.

We use the GS2 in our Cat. Dad planted with it and mapped where he planted and for NH3. Granted we swapped out the Cat auto steer for deere's but we've got our own rtk setup and run it on 4 different tractors or whatever. They can be put it anything, just takes a bunch of wires.

Last I was told by the dealer the trimble monitor didn't have the software to yeild monitor but the ag leader does. My plan was get the ag leader monitor with all the trimble steering stuff on the tractor. Do variable rate fertilizer and all that stuff. Then switch the monitor into the combine to yeild map. Probably no steering on it, at least at first.

Reason I probably won't use deere is only because we are a small area and the new holland dealer already put up a RTK tower. So there isn't enough business to interest a deere dealer in doing that. So for RTK with deere I would have to spend another 16k+ to get that little portable RTK radio. More if I wanted to put it up on a tall tower. We want RTK for repeatable lines digging beets other things. Might try strip till.

So if deere is an option in your area I would look into it. Lots of people don't even want the RTK so that opens more options with less cost.

we've got an RTK network set up in our area, and anyone can subscribe i think. our plan eventually is to use the same monitor to map our yields, variable our corn seeding rate and our nitrogen, and use the same display/monitor to run autosteer on each operation. i know its a hefty expense up front, but you gotta pinch the pennies where you can now a days, and technology pays for itself faster than ever.

Back