• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Auto Meter Gauges

Got everything wired up and installed tonight.

I will add some pictures tomorrow! :thumbsup:

I am finally done with all the gauges install. Ready to move on to other things. :agreed:

Here are the pictures I promised.

IMG_0651.jpg
IMG_0649.jpg

I am impressed with all the work I have done to my truck. I have been wanting to do this since the 12 May 2008.
The day I purchased my truck.

I will say the overhead console would not be a great location for gauges that you want or need to look up at on a regular basis.
They are facing down and straight ahead. They would be a lot better if they canted towards the drivers seat but, they don't.

I had to drive about 30 minutes one way from my house last night. The trans and diff never got above about 102F.
I will try to get a night time picture of everything, it looks pretty cool. :thumbsup:

I have the lenses removed on the map lights. I am going to order and put in some LED lights.

This is the last item to be installed for these gauges. I have had these covers off since I installed my junk yard dash.

IMG_0657.jpg

It looks so much better with the cover on! :thumbsup:

These may solve your problem man!

http://www.egauges.com/vdo_indA.asp?PN=ATM-2234

They are dual purpose. They can be used to change the gauge angle or used as a dimmer ring to redirect glare from the lighting

These did not work. The overhead gauge pod is too thick. I do not think the dimmer ring was needed. I will return them.

Just sharing so nobody else make the mistake and loses money returning them.

Looks good man, pity the rings didnt work out. How difficult was it to wire up the mirror?

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

It was easy. The hardest part was running the wires to the front bumper for the temp gauge.

Marty what did you mean by "dimmer rings"? Are they the angled adapters? Link doesn't work anymore as they've changed they're site.

Very thick, about 1/2 inch or so.(just a guess) Yes it could, if you had the skills to do it. Plus the proper equipment to do it. I, at the time, had no time to play around with it. I put my trans temp gauge and rear end temp gauge up there. They do not need a constant watch over. Which is why I live with it. Maybe one day I will see what I can do. But, not any time soon.

Back