• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Australia. drivers wheel in wrong side...

Aishling

Reaction score
Hi. I'm in southern Western Australia, a place where american utes (we call pickups Ute short for Utility...) are rare. this is the second Turbo 6.5 i've owned but previous was DB2 so easy to look after - just feed glowplugs regularly.
Mine is a 98 K2500 ECLB auto, which has been modified a bit to suit. Home made tray with binkly hitch retractable pin. I tow a 5th wheel horse float a lot.
ATeamTurbo. completely new fuel-feed from tank to IP. Diamond Eye 4" system shortened to exit behind cab. heat-wrapped crossover (new) and down-pipe. FSD on heat-sink in grille. better battery cables everywhere. bigger alternator. HID lights. Bullbar, spotties (australian for spot-lights), custom intake from turbo to element 4".
big vents in bonnet to try get rid of heat.
To Happen- new injectors from peninsular, water injection home brewed, Rancho shocks to go on, Firestone airbags to go on.
Wanted - Gear Vendors overdrive for extra ratios when towing.

Interested in - I'm always looking to improve cooling whilst running at proper diesel temperatures. anything that improves running whilst towing. Your comments welcomed, please.
Note that I get my parts from USA direct as that is usually easier, but freight costs vary hugely between vendors in USA so I have to shop around a lot. eg I ordered the exhaust several times from one US company that cancelled the orders after their freight company said they hadnt charged enough.
Cheers,
Peter

The late 99 and newer water pump with the spin on fan clutch is the prefferred water pump to use as it has a better balance to the flow output to keep the temps even on each bank of the engine. A HAYDEN severe duty fan clutch is a good choice to go with, and if you want it to run cooler, you can always do the DIY fan clutch mod to shorten the engagement spring. The DURAMAX 21" fan blade used from 01-05 fits, but it may require some minor trimming of the fan shroud. Other than that make certain the radiator, condenser, and coolers out front are clear of any debris like dirt or bugs. Many install a restrictor in the bypass port from the t-stat housing to the water pump to help give better flow when the stats are closed, and run AC DELCO stats in it.

Thank Ferm. Cores are all clean. Any part numbers available, please. I cant just ring and ask -i have to search online stores and find best price and shipping costs. They vary so much!

Hi, welcome to TTS. Got your email. Shipping of Oil cooler and hoses, 5 pounds (2.3 kilo) is $80us USPS Express mail.

Thanks, Leroy. I'll expect followup shipping balance invoice. I've ordered ARP studs as well. I'm losing coolant somewhere and expect I'll be pulling heads soon. Let the fun begin!

The late 99 and newer water pump with the spin on fan clutch is the prefferred water pump to use as it has a better balance to the flow output to keep the temps even on each bank of the engine. A HAYDEN severe duty fan clutch is a good choice to go with, and if you want it to run cooler, you can always do the DIY fan clutch mod to shorten the engagement spring. The DURAMAX 21" fan blade used from 01-05 fits, but it may require some minor trimming of the fan shroud. Other than that make certain the radiator, condenser, and coolers out front are clear of any debris like dirt or bugs. Many install a restrictor in the bypass port from the t-stat housing to the water pump to help give better flow when the stats are closed, and run AC DELCO stats in it.
I just run a 98 stock pump. I have temp sensors in both heads and a switch on the dash to alternate between the two.
I have never seen a diff in temp between the left and right bank,...not even when towing heavy.
Just saying

Back