• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT Install, 93 3500......

Deejaa,

Did your stock air box and elbow work with the ATT? Their web sight pic has a after market setup.

Thanks for reply

Weasel

Deejaa,

Did your stock air box and elbow work with the ATT? Their web sight pic has a after market setup.

Thanks for reply

Weasel

Stock airboxes will mount up. It is recommended to get the K47 air box from newer trucks if you have the old flat filter box.

Deejaa,

Thanks for reply

Weasel
like said, it would have worked but i have the bypass oil filter on the fenderwell. when i relocate the battery(s) i will put a CAI in it's place. i know my intake air is pretty hot right now.

The stock flat panel air box is terrible, first thing that should be ripped out and smashed, aside from the rubber elbow thats good to use. That is besides the already smashed turbo downpipe, crappy exhaust xover, and pathetic 2.75" pipe. The K47 intake is another great example of a good OEM bolt on upgrade for the older models. Throw in the Amsoil EaA111 air filter and it couldnt be any better, eliminating the need for many to spend more money on an aftermarket solution.

was getting really tired of all the projects i was reading about and all i was doing was siting on mine, so i picked up a few parts and fixed the exhaust leak.
ff3f72f6.jpg

cruising i was maintaining between 3 to 4. before, it never registered
25087ac9.jpg
want a gauge that has a max 20 psi so it will more accurate.
of course it now has much more get up. exhaust note is better.
have some injectors making noise so i will be getting another set. i have at least 3 sets i will swap all for one good set if anyone is interested.
any leads on a seller that has a good reputation? seen a few on the bay but question the quality.

I ponied up the $ and purchased my injectors from Heath. I got known genuine Bosch units with the correct nozzles, not suspect counterfeits that were in the other "Bosch" rebuilds. Manufacturing stamps were decidedly different between the two.

My 2 cents after conversations with local rebuilders and Bill Heath.
As for cost "savings", shops are going to charge for the genuine nozzles, which aren't cheap, and then there is the labor to assemble, test and adjust. Figure a minimum of $65 a unit and you're looking at a price of at least $500 for known good set. So, if you're paying under $240 for a set of rebuilds, the rebuilder is taking shortcuts somewhere in the parts or labor departments and probably both. You're running risks that may not be manifested for a while but certainly prior to the 100K miles one is supposed to expect. The set I had were showing deminished spray patterns after 10K miles.

Where was the exhaust leak?
yes, both sides. threads were buggared so i chased them with a tap. they are metric btw, 18 1.5. runs so much better.
i was looking at some Indian BOSCH the other day but wasn't sure about them. as long as they aren' made out of brass, right?

Back