• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ATT & FRC-10 Install

Unistrut is about $15 for 10ft and Lowes.
You'll need clamps, diesel rated hose maybe a 1/4" st ell for top fitting on pump and a bracket.
To prime the pump the first time you can loosen air bleed on FFM then stuff a rag into filler neck of tank to make a seal then blow light air pressure right though the rag and in to force fuel up to air bleed. Once you know you have fuel at the pump turn it on (method may vary)
and bleed rest of air out of FFM. using the compressed air trick You could do it all in one step if you have a buddy to close the bleed valve on FFM.

There is no need to prime a Walbro. I would put a shot of WD-40 in a new one to lube it up. It will prime itself. If it doesn't prime with the bleeder screw open and fuel cap off then you have other issues like a plugged tank sock or kinked hose.

I use one bolt through the frame at an existing hole back from the original lift pump location to mount the Walbro at an angle. Couple washers and it is fine.

I've had a few not want to prime up right away. They will self prime, but it may take a minute or so. If you force fuel up to it the first time it will take off right then.

Couldn't find the unistrut today. I got a piece of stainless with 3/8ths holes. Gonna use the hole for the parking brake bracket and one of the lift pump mounting holes with brass washers separating the stainless from the frame. Also gonna dremel the round holes square so they will accept the carrier bolts I got to make it easier on me to hold the pump and tighten instead of trying to hold the pump and my backup wrench and tighten. Spent about $20 on the steel and nuts bolts washers etc. will I need one or two street ells? The thread on the in/out is just npt right?

Well don't I feel like a dumbass. I took my dirty k&n cone off and cleaned it, now I'm getting 20psi and my egt's are topping at 1100. I'm a happy camper. Uploading vid to YouTube as we speak

[video=youtube;amq8if6k-4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amq8if6k-4Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Oh yea.. Freakin scootin.. That straight stretch is just a tad over a 1/4mi. Can't wait to get my retune now.

Stupid gummed up k&n off the gm-8! that turbo is haunting me from the dead!:twak: :chairshot: :borladuck::rocketwhore: back you fowl beast

:hihi: foul fowl ahahaa

Last edited:
Thanks man. Yea I'm really happy about it now. A team turbo kicks so much ass. Really wish I had access to a dyno just so I could know. Me and you have similar mods, 6.5L, you make some very respectable power numbers.

They are close. I took another video of a 0-60 a bit ago I will try to upload tommorow. I would like to see it on a dyno after a good tune. What tune you planning on?

Since I just got my gl4 about 3 months ago, Heath offers retunes within a year of purchase, so I'm gonna go with that for now. I know I will like it. I was about to ask what tune you have, until I looked and saw you have a db. You will be faster than me 0-60 and 1/4mi times. Even though I have a half ton I have 3.73's and heavy ass 33x13.50r18 Mickey Thompson Baja mtz's. Honestly about to put my stock size tires on.

My 265/75/16 are just about perfect. I found the stock tire size couldn't do what I needed them to when going offload. These grip a little more and don't spin so easy

Thanks man. Yea I'm really happy about it now. A team turbo kicks so much ass. Really wish I had access to a dyno just so I could know. Me and you have similar mods, 6.5L, you make some very respectable power numbers.

I kept thinking you had a MT with the above comment. Do you have a 4L80E or the lighter auto in the 1/2t? I do have a dyno run with the ATT on the 95 suburban you could compare.

Thats sweet! Intake, exhaust, chip, injectors, and turbo.. exactly what I want to do. Sounds wicked too. Do you think FTB makes a difference?

I kept thinking you had a MT with the above comment. Do you have a 4L80E or the lighter auto in the 1/2t? I do have a dyno run with the ATT on the 95 suburban you could compare.

Sorry for the confusion. I've always assumed it was a 4l80e, I wasn't aware they put any other auto behind these in 1995. Plus it's 4wd and has taken plenty of abuse. I wish I had a nv4500. Peace of mind is the main reason. 2nd being manual is way more fun to drive.

Do you think FTB makes a difference?
Well, now that I have a turbo that can utilize higher rpm fueling thanks to a literal "choke point delete", I do believe it has helped. It's one of the cheapest mods you can do, along with a good lift pump like the one I got from Burning Oil, that will ensure your fuel supply system isn't putting any strain on your IP, just lettin it do its thing.

Sorry it took so long to get back in here fellas, I get busy this time of year. I have had my truck since 98 so I am no stranger to the 6.5. First engine was replaced at 70,000 with a crack down no. 8 cylinder. It wasn't a knock on the ATT. It is definately an improvement over stock and the second best turbo I have had on the truck. I had an ATT for 2.5 years and wanted to try something different. I liked the performance of the Holset empty and towing better so it stayed on the truck. It's a real holset not a knock off and still have only about 550 in the setup including the turbo (turbo was new with a billet compressor). I also like knowing what is in it and can go to any holset dealer and get parts if necessary. The parts in mine are individually balanced and if I decide I want to change the compressor and housing to see what will happen, I can. One of my biggest concerns was if something happened to the turbo and Dennis for some reason had to quit supporting it, where would I get parts or get it rebuilt? My comment was directed on the advice being given on EGT temps. If someone wants to run that high on their personal truck it doesn't bother me in the least, just don't tell others it is ok without a disclaimer or warning. My sig and avatar were meant to be amusing.

Back