• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Arp starter bolts

Will L.

Reaction score
I saw the last bit of a tv show about ARP in their factory and such.

They showed starter bolts that were a better fit than factory ones for gassers and was wondering if they make them for 6.5 and if you can get them.

That would be a real PIA to put in. You would have to use a regular bolt to hold the heavy starter, then put the stud in, and last put the nut on. Then switch the other bolt out to a stud. Removal would need the studs removed. Maybe the converter cover could be removed to allow the starter to go in with the studs in place?

They are just regular style bolts not studs.

I did find they are not available in the 4.4" length (measured mine at that).
4.6" are available for $24.99 a set.
Can get 6pt or 12pt heads

Yeah, not studs. They had the knurling just like gm, but had a tighter tolerance. Now just thinkin about that extra 2/10...

I know I've seen problems from people useing washers on gm starters.

Thats what I was wondering too. The extra "should" be in the shoulder. The knurl should be in the same area. If needed I don't see why a washer would hurt anything?

The washer only hurts if it pulls the knurl out of the guided area. if its in the shoulder were good, a washer wont hurt anything there.

Back