• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Are my headlights too bright

I wouldn't say too bright but it seems that they are lighting up more of the other lane than the shoulder on the right. maybe pivot them over to the right side just a tad. it looks like they both are focused more at the drivers side of the lane in the same spot. I would focus the drivers side to more of the middle of the lane and the passengers side a little further on the right side. that should give you a wide range and still cover the area you want. but that's just me.

as for blinding on-coming cars, their not focused in the other lane, maybe get someone to drive past you in a smaller car and see what they say?

I wouldn't say too bright but it seems that they are lighting up more of the other lane than the shoulder on the right. maybe pivot them over to the right side just a tad. it looks like they both are focused more at the drivers side of the lane in the same spot. I would focus the drivers side to more of the middle of the lane and the passengers side a little further on the right side. that should give you a wide range and still cover the area you want. but that's just me.

as for blinding on-coming cars, their not focused in the other lane, maybe get someone to drive past you in a smaller car and see what they say?
I was working hard to get the driver’s side over to the left and ran out of adjustment. Had not spent much effort on passenger side, but see what you are saying. Some of this is impacted by the sagging grill which will be replaced.

Are you using LED lights or the HID ones that take a couple of seconds to "warm up"? if LED's I found that there is a set screw on the side of the bulb housing that when loosened will allow the mounting tabs to rotate on the bulb. I had to adjust mine when I installed the LED bulbs. not sure but the HID's may also have this adjustment

Definitely not in adjustment properly.

Flat ground, 25’ away from a wall perpendicular. Measure from ground to center of the headlight.
The top of the light line should be 3” below that measurement.
Foglights if you run them should be 3” below their height, again at 25’ away.
Both headlights and foglights should point straight forward.

On lower passenger cars the rule is 2” lower not 3”.

EZ PZ lemon squeezy.

Are you using LED lights or the HID ones that take a couple of seconds to "warm up"? if LED's I found that there is a set screw on the side of the bulb housing that when loosened will allow the mounting tabs to rotate on the bulb. I had to adjust mine when I installed the LED bulbs. not sure but the HID's may also have this adjustment
HID lights

Depends on what kinda flash'in were talking about HAHA. I'd say lets drive out to the beach somewhere and see if we can get anyone to flash lol

It’s weird because when I drive it, I feel like the driver’s side headlight needs to move more to the left. Also feel like the bulb in the passenger side is not as bright or the bulb needs to be rotated. Either way, the concentrated part of the beans needs to be further apart.

I will do the Will L tale of the tape measurement tonight. Have a very slight downward incline to the driver before the garage. Guess I could put a level on the roof and place boards under the front tires until level. Won’t be more than a sheet or two of plywood.

They do have LED housings for the GMT 400, but they are pricey:

MOVOTOR LED Headlight Assembly Replacement 500% Bright Anti-glare Headlights with Welcome DRL Turn Signal Lights Compatible with 1988-1998 Chevy GMC C/K 1500 2500 3500 Suburban Silverado Tahoe Yukon
https://a.co/d/bEHRAtn

IMG_0270.png

Also, it would take a bit for the look to wear on me.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's kind of a disappointment.

But then, I haven't been flashed in years.

Maybe decades.
At my age, any flashers would be pull their jugs out of their seat belts.

I will say that when we stayed the night on the mooring at Avalon, there many nice twenty something’s on kayaks and floaties and thong bikinis seem to be real popular. Like more popular than my lures were to the marlin. There was some fine meat floating around.

Back