• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Are all the P400 motors gone?

Investment of a P400 needs to be just that. I know probably 20 people that put them in and only 1 is dropping it in perfectly stock and un-opened. Most are making slight improvements at minimum to ensure it gets a long life. One guy took a risk I don’t agree with but each person has their own comfort level.

If I was rich & famous- sure I would have one in a hummer. But there would be a few new parts sealed on the shelf as future back ups, just incase.
One seriously wealthy guy has a few of them, and one really hot rodded, with dedicated spare p400 ready to replace it. That was all done before the thought of no more in production came up.

The amount of money for a p400 at this point- idk if I would suggest it for people willing to do swaps. It’s really great but honestly compared to dmax- idk...

That person who took a risk he doesn't agree with is me. I put a UORVA mechanical lift pump on my P400 to resolve the issue of the driver's side downpipe with my UORVA turbo on the H1. I had the same setup on my Cursed H1's P400 as well. The bladder even blew on the previous one but I was able to get it fixed without any damage to the engine.

I am going to probably move to the Raptor kit that Leroy sells early next year if its in the cards. The H1 is a tough nut to crack when it comes to lift pumps because of the dual tank/selector valve situation. There's been some development recently in this regard - with a shop using a marine-grade tank selector in conjunction with the FASS system - but that's a whole new level of modification that I'm not all that eager to explore.

That person who took a risk he doesn't agree with is me. I put a UORVA mechanical lift pump on my P400 to resolve the issue of the driver's side downpipe with my UORVA turbo on the H1. I had the same setup on my Cursed H1's P400 as well. The bladder even blew on the previous one but I was able to get it fixed without any damage to the engine.

I am going to probably move to the Raptor kit that Leroy sells early next year if its in the cards. The H1 is a tough nut to crack when it comes to lift pumps because of the dual tank/selector valve situation. There's been some development recently in this regard - with a shop using a marine-grade tank selector in conjunction with the FASS system - but that's a whole new level of modification that I'm not all that eager to explore.
Well, here Urova MM isn’t site sponsor so here I would say the rock auto parts mechanical lift pumps- except they don’t have it as a kit, just all the individual parts.
the bladder fail ruining bearings is 95% my issue. Using the 6.2 db2 lift pump on ds4 where it is under pressure spec is the other part.

I wasn’t gonna call you out, but if you raise your hand in class, I will throw airplane notes with you.

For being such a behemoth, there sure isn’t room in hummers for stuff. Haha. Pickup guys have it easy for adding lift pumps, filters, etc.

I've done the research on several different pumps offered and I chose the Kennedy twin pump kit for my build.

I also have his harness so it's plug & play for me..
Yeah, that has been on my possibility list- i just haven’t heard a bunch of people with high miles on them yet. Not knowing what pressure I will need for my redone db2- I decided just wait and find out.
Iirc the ds4 guys need 3 of them in series so they are at $600 before anything else. Add in the filters and all is more So I figure at that point just get the complete Fass.

What pressure does your db2 run? Or if that is some secret sauce no worries.
My old built db2s took over 30. But if yours is good at 8- wow, That’s convenient.

Well, here Urova MM isn’t site sponsor so here I would say the rock auto parts mechanical lift pumps- except they don’t have it as a kit, just all the individual parts.
the bladder fail ruining bearings is 95% my issue. Using the 6.2 db2 lift pump on ds4 where it is under pressure spec is the other part.

I wasn’t gonna call you out, but if you raise your hand in class, I will throw airplane notes with you.

For being such a behemoth, there sure isn’t room in hummers for stuff. Haha. Pickup guys have it easy for adding lift pumps, filters, etc.
Will, you know who runs the show over there, and if you want to call out MM for that, you're more than welcome to do it.

Per my fuel pressure gauge, it gives the required pressure per the hummer service manual - even on WOT. I know that this number is low and yes, I'm going to address it Dad. Sheesh :p
1666995417429.png

Not quite WOT on my old P400/Mech Lift pump with gauge at IP inlet:

I'm less concerned about the bladder. I know the chance for catastrophic failure is there but I accept it. The thing won't have 20k miles on it by the time it's replaced by a different fuel system.

It's hard to tell how big that Kennedy pump is. You have dimensions on that bad boy?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Had to pick some thread to bring this up…

"amgeneral_llc
We are humbled and honored to have won the contract for the JLTV A2 program! Our extensive automotive manufacturing experience has made us the world leader in light tactical vehicles, and we are now working hard to deliver the JLTV A2 with the same high quality our products are known for to the US Army and the US Marine Corps. Stay tuned for more updates!"

Remember the jltv is he truck the p400 was designed for, but they lost the bid. Now they won the new bid…so hopefully 🤞

Investment of a P400 needs to be just that. I know probably 20 people that put them in and only 1 is dropping it in perfectly stock and un-opened. Most are making slight improvements at minimum to ensure it gets a long life. One guy took a risk I don’t agree with but each person has their own comfort level.

If I was rich & famous- sure I would have one in a hummer. But there would be a few new parts sealed on the shelf as future back ups, just incase.
One seriously wealthy guy has a few of them, and one really hot rodded, with dedicated spare p400 ready to replace it. That was all done before the thought of no more in production came up.

The amount of money for a p400 at this point- idk if I would suggest it for people willing to do swaps. It’s really great but honestly compared to dmax- idk...
Why not just go with a Duramax?

That’s probably what they will do.
I considered it for my hummer, but just prefer simplicity over computers.
Then the long term cost of eating injectors makes it more expensive-providing one doesn’t pay $25k… SMH
I was on Leroy’s website ordering the Raptor lift pump for the ‘99 and noted that the price for the Indian Bosch injectors had increased to $650. Thanks Brandon.

Back