• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone in CT need a motor?

HighSierra86

Reaction score
Found this on bargain news:

CHEVY MOTOR,
6.5 turbo diesel, runs exc, new starter, alternator, glow plugs, turbo, best offer. (203) 619-1200. East Haven, CT

Guy said its from a 95 1ton 2wd. Engine has only 89K. The truck was owned by an older gentlman and was hit hard in the rear. Sounded good but way beyond what i wanted to spend. Said he was asking $2500, but would be happy with $2000. Just figured id throw it out there.

Found this on bargain news:

CHEVY MOTOR,
6.5 turbo diesel, runs exc, new starter, alternator, glow plugs, turbo, best offer. (203) 619-1200. East Haven, CT

Guy said its from a 95 1ton 2wd. Engine has only 89K. The truck was owned by an older gentlman and was hit hard in the rear. Sounded good but way beyond what i wanted to spend. Said he was asking $2500, but would be happy with $2000. Just figured id throw it out there.

Better come with a truck underneath it for that price IMO.

Both those have high miles. I would not pay that for the motor with those miles but 89k...probably. MArk, no problem Anything for a freind...:D

Yea personally id rather have the rest of the truck to go with it. Depending on what you are doing with it, its nice to have every little bracket, electrical conector, and such. Plus you never know what truck parts you might need in the future!

Ive found that alot of times you can buy a complete running truck for cheaper than just the motor. People seem to think any running engine is worth a fortune. There was just a 2wd w/t 97 in the paper not too long ago for $1900. I guess its all about how much room you have to store this stuff...or how much you love your neighbors :)

Yea personally id rather have the rest of the truck to go with it. Depending on what you are doing with it, its nice to have every little bracket, electrical conector, and such. Plus you never know what truck parts you might need in the future!

Ive found that alot of times you can buy a complete running truck for cheaper than just the motor. People seem to think any running engine is worth a fortune. There was just a 2wd w/t 97 in the paper not too long ago for $1900. I guess its all about how much room you have to store this stuff...or how much you love your neighbors :)

Well without a vehicle behind an engine you can flat out lie about everything, and its tough to dispute.

And the cash.... don't forget the cash....

I got plenty of land and plenty of camo tarps....
I always had my eye on old school buses. They can usually be had cheap and for the most part are pretty well maintained(sorry kev).

Yea it basically boils down to how much trust you can put in you fellow man. And sadly enough, when it comes to cars and parts, my trust level isnt very high.

I bought a used olds 3.8 from a local salvage yard one time as a direct replacement motor. Well, i was told it had 47K but when i pulled off the valve covers there was sludge everywhere. Even blocking the returns. No way in hell did that engine have only 47K unless it only had about 2 oil changes in its lifetime. Haha oh well, it did run, so i cant complain.

I got plenty of land and plenty of camo tarps....
I always had my eye on old school buses. They can usually be had cheap and for the most part are pretty well maintained(sorry kev).

Ha you had me confused there for a minute. I was like who the hell had 6.5 school buses....then i remembered the little tart carts :D

Not really if the mileage is truly 89k. Have you priced one lately ? Anywhere from 5k+. If I needed one I'd be all over that.

Aces, you can get a reman'd unit for 3200 dyno tested and all. Or you can get one built with new block and heads for $4100 at 6-5Liter .com.

They even have full drop in units with everything attached with new or reman'd accessories. Those ones are a little pricier though. That may be who I will be going with if I need one. Although, I haven't looked into local builders yet.

I paid 600 for mine with 90k miles on it. I stole it, it was in pretty good condition, just had been setting for a while. I even have the receipt of where the guy i bought it off of paid 2500 for it complete from a local junkyard. He said he saw it run, came out of a truck that was t-boned.

Back