• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any suggestions for synthetic power steering fluid?

I'd certainly be inclined to use whatever GM specified (or it's SAE equivalent). It being a hydraulic system, there are certain parameters that the oil needs to meet for the pump and valving to operate properly and specific friction modifiers. Lubrication engineers do alot of research to match the fluid to the application.

I'd certainly be inclined to use whatever GM specified (or it's SAE equivalent). It being a hydraulic system, there are certain parameters that the oil needs to meet for the pump and valving to operate properly and specific friction modifiers. Lubrication engineers do alot of research to match the fluid to the application.

I agree, typically I never waiver on what I use for maintenance fluids. Since the PS system on my truck was not performing very well I felt I had little to lose by switching fluid. I did do a lot of reading on the subject and as best I could find the ATF was close enough. Fortunately its working out for me.

Old trick for PS pumps and GM transmissions that are giving it up is type F ATF. Gives them a bit more life.

I had flushed and filled mine with TranSynd twice beginning about 30,000 miles before I traded it. Never had any issues.

Back