• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any news on the 3.0L I6 Duramax?

The Fast Lane Truck did a quick video and the trip showed around 31.6 MPG on a short 20/25 mile loop. Not bad, and that's just as good (likely better in most cases) than my Colorado.

The Fast Lane Truck did a quick video and the trip showed around 31.6 MPG on a short 20/25 mile loop. Not bad, and that's just as good (likely better in most cases) than my Colorado.
Looks promising for sure, a full sized truck getting that kind of fuel mileage should be a winner. Imagine what kind of fuel mileage it could get on the open road traveling across the country. Now if we could just get over the looks of the truck, maybe the GMC looks the best?

I actually don't mind the new Chevy 1500's. I think in the right color package they look decent.

But yea, imagine all of that emissions garbage off of it as well.. a few more MPG would be even better.

I was looking at the engine photo. I wonder where they are hiding the battery? Or batteries? Under the bed?

Great observation Eagle Eye, I didn't even pay attention to that..... :)

What's that black box on the passenger side that has two red looking tabs on top of it. Could the battery be under that and the two red tabs raise up to expose two battery post or terminals? Making it possible to hook jumper cables to the post?

I just purchased 5 acres last week.. I have a need to pull a decent (smaller size) Kubota for mowing and keeping up the land, but that's all right now as far as towing. I think the 1500 will be fine.
It seems that the 1500 with the 3.0, in line 6 should be capable of those towing duties. If I read the article correctly, the truck is rated to tow 9300 pounds. A small tractor with a bucket and Bush hog on an equipment trailer shouldn't gross much more than 5000 or 6000 pounds. Of course all depends on the size of the tractor.

I would assume that you would only be towing heavy once a week or so, not daily like a contractor?

For the price difference between a 1500 and 2500 and fuel mileage difference, the 1500 that we are talking about is going to be very popular with a bunch of people. It will fill that gap in the middle between the gas 1500's and the 2500's. I am anxious to see some real world results when the 3.0 liter hits the streets.

It seems that the 1500 with the 3.0, in line 6 should be capable of those towing duties. If I read the article correctly, the truck is rated to tow 9300 pounds. A small tractor with a bucket and Bush hog on an equipment trailer shouldn't gross much more than 5000 or 6000 pounds. Of course all depends on the size of the tractor.

I would assume that you would only be towing heavy once a week or so, not daily like a contractor?

For the price difference between a 1500 and 2500 and fuel mileage difference, the 1500 that we are talking about is going to be very popular with a bunch of people. It will fill that gap in the middle between the gas 1500's and the 2500's. I am anxious to see some real world results when the 3.0 liter hits the streets.
Yep, not even that often. I’m thinking every 4/6 weeks for the bush hog and all of that. The main part of the land will be mowed with a nice zero turn (I hope 😀). I’ll be towing it 60 miles from my dads house to mine. Yes, it’s the L series Kubota so your towing numbers seem to be pretty spot on from my research online.

Good deal, sounds like you need to be the first person on this forum to buy the 3.0 liter, in line 6 diesel, 1500 so you can report back to us.

One of these days in years to come my wifey said I can get me a new truck and I will be looking at different trucks other than the 2500HD.

You mentioned the zero turn mower, I bought a new one (my first) back in June. I love it, it has cut my mowing time in half at every yard I mow. I will never go back to the front engine, garden tractor type mower for my yard mowing.

Back