• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any Compression Test Kit Recommendations?

As title states, wondering if anyone has used a decent and accurate kit they would recommend? Found this generic one on Amazon, but any hands on experience/ good reference is appreciated

When I saw this post, I mentioned to my wife that we'd probably ought to sell ours.
It looks very similar, but was a lot more money. I'd never be without it for that kind of money.
I'd give it to a friend or neighbor I could borrow it back from first. .

Do you have some body or someway to test the calibration?

Depends on what you're after, it can be off 100 lbs. As long as it's consistent.

With Amazon you can always return it if it's not calibrated correctly.

Reminds me, I had better get mine out and remove the battery

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks like a nice kit. from the photos on amazon, it looks like the gauge and relief valve are replaceable if you have to do that. for me, having those fittings and hose is a plus, then replacing the gauge with one that can be calibrated might come out cheaper than buying an expensive kit. even if the relief goes bad, if it's threaded with a standard SAE thread, you can install a tiny ball valve in it's place to use as a relief

of course I'm a redneck engineer lol that's known to make what I have work in situations when I don't or can't spend the big bucks. haha!

From the reviews it looks like the first kit isn't the best, and one said specifically it wouldn't work on a 6.5

this one isn't that much more expensive, and seems to have lots of good reviews so I'm going to give it a shot and see how it holds up!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back