• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Any body know radiator codes in glove box?

I don't know how to reverse look up what might be options. Anyone?

Radiator might in a package description ie towing pkg.

If you want to know what your truck is I'd list out and define all your codes and then would have them for future reference.

RPO codes .com has a big list of codes or can google and find it. Might be a sticky somewhere here?

Never saw a RPO for the radiator. Have seen RPO's for towing which indicates external coolers (in addition to the radiator).

There are two easy ways to see what is OE for the truck: Rock Auto or AC Delco's online parts catalog.

For near absolute certainty of the original build, pay a few bucks to CompNine and get the listing RPO codes (along with clear text translation) that match the VIN.

That truck should have a nice, big radiator in it. 3 or 4 rows and probably copper/brass construction. I'm surprised there's no trans cooler unless it's been bypassed. Take the rad cap off and count the rows while you look inside with a flashlight if you want to know for sure.

I'm guessing he means no external trans cooler as it has been a LONG time since I've seen an off the assembly line vehicle without a trans cooler in the radiator. If you're looking for a replacement radiator, just buy the biggest one you can get. I would much rather have to much than not enough cooling.

This is the one I put in my '93. Brass and copper. Has internal trans cooler and WAY better fir than the others I've had.

http://amzn.to/2b0RYEd

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back