• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

any bad reports?

As been said but I will re iterate, Walt is ok for oddball stuff like the last ditch screen and stuff like that. Just don't believe his claims or tech advice. His FSD cooler is actually IMHO the best one out there, just don't mount i where he tells you. The part itself is very good. I have one on my Burb. A few other guys sell it rebadged cheaper though. I got mine from Accurate. IMHO Heath is the best for tuning. Some things though like Glow plugs can be gotten much cheaper. To say one is better than the other...I think it really boils down to what particualr thing you are looking for before choosing a vendor. Plenty of input here so do your homework first before buying anything. Be real careful on eBay. A few decent guys but way more crooks.
Remember one thing, Although sometimes hard to get ahold of, Bill Heath will get on the phone personally and work with you till you get what you need and solve your problem.

I wouldnt normally recommend any mechanic, but if you need a job done fast or just something you dont want to do yourself with an IP or diagnosis the Stanadyne Diesel Fuel Injection shops are the only ones I would go to. The diesel repair shops or diesel mechanics get lost with a 6.5, need an actual fuel injection specialty shop.

I agree. There is one in Mass not far from me and so far I have had good dealings. In fact he has a DS4 on the counter with a cutaway showing the internals.

What kind of parts is the OP looking for?

Thanks racer55 and Jim for the referal. Finaly made an A list :agreed:

For basic parts, RockAuto seems to have good availability. Prices are good for the most part.

Things that SSDS may have is the last ditch fuel filter screen. It is difficult to find unless you have Stanadyne shop nearby.

Read between the lines-----its like a wasps nest at the end of the day,, one buys and sells between each other....beware...

Read between the lines-----its like a wasps nest at the end of the day,, one buys and sells between each other....beware...

OK, Paul ... I'll think about it, but I doubt I'm going to figure out what you meant by this... just sayin'. :D

Back