• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware Recommendations?

Heartbeat Hauler

A(ACLU) Agent Yoda
Reaction score
I have been running McAfee and Sunbelt's CounterSpy (which worked really well) for the last few years on my PCs, but now CounterSpy has been sun setted. The new SunBelt product is Vipre, which is both Anti-virus/spyware.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone out there might recommend an Anti-virus/Anti-spyware product, it doesn't have to be the same product for both virus and spyware protection. I am not really interested in cheap or popular, i.e. most Big Box Stores recommend Kaspersky, unless it's the best one. I have been way out of the loop on these products and I just don't keep up with the new stuff. Help please. :)

spybot and superantispyware,,and there free,,just delete every other anti spy product first,,go to ''kim komando''.com

I've switched all my mcafee trend micro and norton subscibed PC's & Laptops to MS security essentials(it's free) and installed malware bytes(free)and spybot S&D(free)overkill... I know.

you should do well with that combo and not a have a resource hog, like most "do all"(claimed) software out there...JMHO

I'm using AVAST on my desktop, but just installed the MSE on the laptop. It really seemed to pep it up ALOT from how it was with AVG. The thing I like most is you can set how much of your processor it will use to keep it from dragging your system down.

I have tried a lot of different stuff and now have Microsoft security essentials on all my computers. It is far better than anything else I tried. Doesn't slow the computer down at all. I was going to wait till the McAfee subscription ran out but couldn't stand it and removed. Never again will McAfee be on any computer I ever use.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security_essentials/default.aspx
I'm startin' to feel that way myself. McAfee is really startin' to bug me....no pun intended...I am never quite comfortable that the virus has been eliminated. And I don't even want to start with their support.

Back