• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L Almost new DS4631-5521 Injection Pump with PMD

spdgofast

Reaction score
I have the DS4 IP that I removed from my Suburban to upgrade to the Marine DB pump, it has probably about 500 miles on it and was purchased and installed new at my local Chevy dealer 500.00, I can through in an extra PMD.

I thought it was new, is there any way to tell? here's some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0812.JPG
    IMG_0812.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0815.JPG
    IMG_0815.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0816.JPG
    IMG_0816.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0813.JPG
    IMG_0813.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0814.JPG
    IMG_0814.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 9
Well I had to take my injectors to my local Stanadyne Authorized Diesel Injection Service to get the pop pressures reset and while I was there I showed him my DS4 pump and asked if it was new or rebuilt. He said the white decal that was applied to the pump housing before the ID tag was fastened to it (the decal is under the ID plate) indicated that it was the date it was built new. I will try and find my service receipt when it was installed but I know it was in 2000 or 2001.

I just dug up the receipt when it was replaced on my truck, I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow and see what info they can give me if any, I know a couple of good parts guys that were there that can help me if anyone can, the dealership is still the same family owned since like the 50s or 60s. They are one of the biggest GM parts suppliers in Florida if not the SE. I just saw the service writers name on the invoice, a buddy of mine at the time, I knew it didn't need a pump but he said he could get me one under warranty since the miles on my truck was under 120K. Only reason I pulled it was because I could only get my computer chip programmer to program the fuel to I think it was 70CCs. I then bought a used DB4 from Peninsular and converted to mechanical. That's when the real vicious cycle began!$ Stand alone computer 4L80, P400, extrude honing, ETC. ETC.

Last edited:
Back