• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Almost got a Trans am

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Was on my way back from dinner tonight and coming out of town on a 4 lane road and some kid in a late 90 TRANS AM pulls up next to me at the light. I immediately smell the CAM 2 racing smell coming from his car and new how he was going to leave the light:D. It was a stick so he eased off the light and then nailed it. Needless to say he was not happy to see a SUBURBAN with a fender just in front of him to 50, then some IDIOT in an old RAMCHARGER pulls right out in front of me and I had to let off. We both ended up going into the same parking lot and he went down and in through the far entrance when he saw me turning in. It had to have burned his hide to have seen the family mobile staying in front of him:rof:, good thing he didn't know I was only at about 3/4 throttle:eek::D. The best part was my wife hysterically laughing when she realized I was toying with him and he was actually giving it all it had. I really need to get another CP3 so I can actually get the full potewntial out of my current tune.

I really need to get another CP3 so I can actually get the full potewntial out of my current tune.

living life on the edge huh?...some would argue that duel fueling a stock internal LB7 could mean bad things...but I guess how much of that fuel you throw at it is what makes it safe or not...

living life on the edge huh?...some would argue that duel fueling a stock internal LB7 could mean bad things...but I guess how much of that fuel you throw at it is what makes it safe or not...

Nop need for duel fueling, my CP3 is on its death bed right now. I can't even hold 160 rail pressure at a 1900 pulsewidth anymore, and it's getting to where sometimes its slow to build rail pressure on start-up hot. I'm only running a 1950 pulsewidth now because that's about all I can hold and still run decent. I put in a PPE level 6 and ran out of fuel REAL quick.

Ahh...I see...you meant replace the one you had not adding another one...
let me know when you're ready...I can send you to someone to get that GM cp3 from at a great price... with no core charge.

Ahh...I see...you meant replace the one you had not adding another one...
let me know when you're ready...I can send you to someone to get that GM cp3 from at a great price... with no core charge.

Hook me up man, mine is getting weaker by the day and is ready to be done. I know Ben has one for sale at Mcrats, but $527 for one with 45K miles on it seems a bit high I thought(although there is no core charge on it at least). My current CP3 would be fine for a completely stock truck, but anything more than about 1600-1700 pulsewidth and she shows her weekness.

I just ran a friends Firehawk last week, he got by me but he earned it. We both had gone to a Wake for a friend who had passed and in conversation he said he had driven his car down and i had my ECSB that currently has the 65HP tune in it. He left about 10minutes before i did and i was just puttering home about 60mph when way in the distance i see headlights coming and fast. I figured it was an LEO so kept my speed until i saw the smaller set of driving lights and i knew it was him coming on me so i floored it. I ran up to around 120mph up over a hill and i started backing off for the intersection at the bottom of the hill. The light was green when we got to it so i went left and nailed it, the truck broke loose on the damp pavement and i fish tailed it back and forth a couple hundred feet. I looked back and he too was fish tailing but was coming hard. The truck finally caught traction and began pulling hard as he started pulling up next to me, it took him a good 1/4 mile to get by me and when he finally pulled back in i was only a couple feet off his bumper drafting him bad. By then we were pushing 130mph and i began letting off, running that fast on damp road was just too dangerous IMO but what a rush!!! He pulled over a couple miles up the road and we chatted for a minute. He has been wanting a D-Max and had ridden in mine before but he did not think the truck would give his car a run for its money. Now he is dead set on a D-Max, he is waiting until spring to sell the car for cash down payment and he will be trading his 2004 2500HD 6.0 in on the D-Max.

Back