• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

All-Hi Mod

The Diodes I used from Radio Shack just barely made it. And just the past couple of weeks mine setup hasn't been works as it should. I think I'm going to ditch the diode and just put some wire in there.

If you use wire in there all your lamps will be lit whether you have it on hi or low beam. Take juction box apart and solder or crimp diode in from the underside.

If you use wire in there all your lamps will be lit whether you have it on hi or low beam. Take juction box apart and solder or crimp diode in from the underside.

Yeesh! C'mon, folks... soldering a 2" wire to either end of the diode isn't hard... and it takes all of 3-5 minutes! Once you have that done, you can easily reach 'em and you don't have to take anything apart or anything else. I can't tell you how many of these things I've made for friends and family.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right... especially when doing it right takes 5 minutes. :doh:

Yeesh! C'mon, folks... soldering a 2" wire to either end of the diode isn't hard... and it takes all of 3-5 minutes! Once you have that done, you can easily reach 'em and you don't have to take anything apart or anything else. I can't tell you how many of these things I've made for friends and family.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right... especially when doing it right takes 5 minutes. :doh:

It's not the fact that is it hard. I just didn't do it right the first time. I simply wrapped the end's of the diode to make it around each post, then pressed down each to make it stay.

Search on eBay for Toshiba HIR - that guy is the only source for HIR's I know of. As for the fogs - those are Silverstar's - I don't recall the number, but the bulb number showed up in an application guide at the Autozone I bought 'em at. Should not be hard to track down.

Search on eBay for Toshiba HIR - that guy is the only source for HIR's I know of. As for the fogs - those are Silverstar's - I don't recall the number, but the bulb number showed up in an application guide at the Autozone I bought 'em at. Should not be hard to track down.

Thank you I appreciate it.

DBD

Back