• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

air compressor

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Well my old devilbiss compressor pretty much wasn't cutting it anymore, and the rings in my 4 year old replacement pump were shot yet again. So I bit the bullet instead of buying another $300 pump for my old worn out compressor, and bought a new BEL-AIRE 218V 2 stage compressor. I found it online for $1043, but with the luck I've had lately I decided to buy locally. Found a commercial compressor shop in Tampa that sold me one for $1117+tax, and they do all warranty repairs if I need it. It's not as quiet as I had hoped, but for the money I couldn't beet it considering it is a true commercial grade compressor with a heavy tank(the compressor weghs about 500 pounds), it is made in the USA with all US parts that I can see, rated for continous duty, and has a full 2 year unconditional commercial warranty that the selling dealer honors(and they've been around in the same location for over 30 years). I looked into an ingersol rand, but read that they are now using EMERSON made in mexico electric motors, and read about ALOT of motor failures from them. And for an extra $118 dollars I got a continuous duty compressor that is a commercial grade instead of home grade. It sure is nice having 150 pounds of pressure now instead of my old ones 120, and it pumps FAST over 120 compared to a single stage unit.

Heres a pic I found of it online.
belaire218v_500.jpg

now, that is just nice! 150# would be right at home in my shop. how much area does it take up? do you have it hard wired or a plug? i need to upgrade. my tires take 110# and takes forever to get there.

It really doesn't take up that much more space than my 60 gallon unit took up. I have it hard wired in as wired my shop for a compressor and cut out when I rewired it years back. I was airing up some trailer tires today with it and lets just say it goes QUICK when your airing em up to 50 PSI from 30. I just like the fact that I can now use my die grinder and have the compressor actually shut off while I'm still grinding. This unit was the best priced one I could find in a commercial grade unit, and I really liked the fact it's all US made parts assembled in South Carolina(not out sourced to who knows where).

Not a bad looking compressor at all. I was given an old Devilbiss compressor with no motor a few years ago. Electric motor sheared the shaft in 2 right behind the front bearing. Compressor's fine. Never did anything with it. 60 gallon upright unit.

I've got an old 1940s compressor in my garage. Horizontal 2 stage ~80 gallon unit @ 150 psi made by "The American Brake Shoe Company". It's getting tired though, but after over 60 years it has the right to be tired.

Not a bad looking compressor at all. I was given an old Devilbiss compressor with no motor a few years ago. Electric motor sheared the shaft in 2 right behind the front bearing. Compressor's fine. Never did anything with it. 60 gallon upright unit.

I've got an old 1940s compressor in my garage. Horizontal 2 stage ~80 gallon unit @ 150 psi made by "The American Brake Shoe Company". It's getting tired though, but after over 60 years it has the right to be tired.

Guess thats why I'm tired Dave

I wonder what any of us have purchased in the last few years that will last that long. That is a shining example of "they dont make'em like they used to"!

Your new compressor looks nice. I also want to buy one but I am still looking for a good offer. The new air compressor should not be too expensive so I will wait for a special offer. Until then I am using air compressor rentals because this is the cheapest solution for now. As I said your new air compressor really looks nice but it is very expensive. Maybe I am lucky and I will find a cheaper offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back