• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air compressor pictures and more!

Thanks fireman. Is the 4088 the next size down? would that be better for towing and still give a nice increase in HP and TQ for occasional racing and pulling?
Also are these VVT like our stock?

where did you get all the components for the air set up.....all custom made or can i buy the kit?

4088 (2.5 inducer) is a little smaller than the 4094 (2.7 inducer) will not net a signifigant increase in hp compared to the stock turbo. about 550-600rwhp compared to the 4094 650-700rwhp

i have heard the htt tows better than the gt40 series but have not tried that turbo.... yet.... lol

you must have efi live and a some tuning experience or somebody to tune it for you.

i had to custom make and assemble everything i spent a full day making the bracket to mount the compressor then another day making the pulley and pressing the bearing for the belt. then one more day assembling the plumbing for my use.

4088 (2.5 inducer) is a little smaller than the 4094 (2.7 inducer) will not net a signifigant increase in hp compared to the stock turbo. about 550-600rwhp compared to the 4094 650-700rwhp
This is the part I did not understand. So with proper tuning the 4088 will not net much more than the stock turbo(?) If so, what is the advantage of the 4088 over the stock turbo?

i have heard the htt tows better than the gt40 series but have not tried that turbo.... yet.... lol

you must have efi live and a some tuning experience or somebody to tune it for you.

I have the man in mind for the tuning. I am just gathering knowledge for myself and what turbo to go to if or when I decide to upgrade the turbo
Thanks again for answering the turbo newbie questions

they are both great upgrades. the 4088 is still a 2.5 inducer like the stock vvt. it will make the power more efficiently because it will flow more air at lower boost. kindof like a higher volume lower pressure type thing.

we'll see. bracket was a serious pain in the ass to make lol if and when i build a second engine for my truck and take this all back apart maybe i'll make a few extra brackets. :) and i think i might have finally found a commercially made pulley so i will not have to machine more.

Back