• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air compressor pictures and more!

dmaxfireman

'Can Do' kindof Guy
Reaction score
As promised everybody, pictures of my engine driven air compressor and new stock looking turbo setup and 35's on a stock suspension WITHOUT cranking the torsion bars all the way up :thumbsup:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

quick turbo sound video :) cold, verrrrry cold, cold start lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEXnZvWR_YA

Attachments

• IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1350.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1354.jpg
    IMG_1354.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1357.jpg
    IMG_1357.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1361.jpg
    IMG_1361.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 111
Kyle, you have been very busy as usual. Sounds nice but I still like the look of the twins sitting there.

and bill, you know i can't sit still with these trucks lol i'm already looking to build a second motor as spare for my truck, only this one will be a little more stout ;) gotta love a new 0% credit card lol

the compressor is a york 210L with a 6groove serpentine clutch.

that is not a stock dmax turbo, you can modify the stockers tho. ANYTHING can be tweaked ;) all depends on how much imagination and ingenuity you've got along with lots of free time. thats my recipe for all the stuff i concoct!

Last edited:
cool part about the compressor is that it will run and keep up with my 1/2" impact gun when the truck is in high idle :D great for filling tires and swapping wheels!

so far loving it! sounds soo mean hahahaha and tore up a infinity g35 this afternoon from a stoplight in 2wd :D we both burned rubber for the first hundred feet or so then my 35's got some serious traction and took off!

so far loving it! sounds soo mean hahahaha and tore up a infinity g35 this afternoon from a stoplight in 2wd :D we both burned rubber for the first hundred feet or so then my 35's got some serious traction and took off!

You like the sound over the twins? Those twins looked sharp, I wish I would of took them off your hands.

yeah i do like this sound more lol but it was a damn close tie the shrieking of those twins and torque was enough to give me a chubb everytime i got one the throttle. i raced my dad (in a 5.3 ecsb 1500) with a 12k 30' tag trailer with the twins on my truck and wailed on him up over 100 mph on a stock trans lol it was damn scary what that combo could do. but onto new and more interesting things :) i've always got to be making or trying something new to stay interested in stuff hahaha

yeah i do like this sound more lol but it was a damn close tie the shrieking of those twins and torque was enough to give me a chubb everytime i got one the throttle. i raced my dad (in a 5.3 ecsb 1500) with a 12k 30' tag trailer with the twins on my truck and wailed on him up over 100 mph on a stock trans lol it was damn scary what that combo could do. but onto new and more interesting things :) i've always got to be making or trying something new to stay interested in stuff hahaha

I understand. Twins are in my future. :D

How are the street manners of the single?. How is the low end? Compared to stock (since I have no experience)? Also is there a kit that is made for this swap? Or did you build it yourself?

VERY streetable! this is a great turbo and drive wonderful. i can't give you accurate egts because i'm running 40%over injectors and the egts are higher than normal because of them. the low end is not as torque-y as the stock lbz turbo but does not hurt anything. the bigger the turbo you go with the higher you move your useable rpm band. before i could hold 6th at 1100-1200 rpm on the highway and even push it up a hill without downshifting with the lbz turbo now i've had to drop to 5th to push up steep hills on the highway at that low rpm usually holds well about 1500-1600 uphill now. i'm sure if i pulled a little timing i could hold it that low but egts would be a limiting factor.

i used a ppe install kit which comes with everything needed for the swap.

Back