• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Adventure Bikes

saratoga

Unpaid Help
Reaction score
Realize this isn't a MC forum but hey....why not post about them? I've been into bikes a good part of my adult life and have always wanted an ADV bike. I've had a metric cruiser, a naked Buell and currently have a GS. Never been into sportbikes or anything crazy.

The GS got new tires today, almost 9,000 miles and a year on the factory Michelins. The place I got it from will give me a demo bike to ride for the day when you drop it off for service. Rode Ducati's answer for the GS....the Multistrada Enduro. Nice bike, weird ergos, seat is low, pegs are high, bars are high.

It has great brakes, nice color LCD dash, a good transmission and that engine.....the sound and power are incredible.

6bbd95c6b4bc5ab272f0dc5b30ab0eb1.jpg

I'll stick with fat Betsy however. Maintenance is cake, you don't get cooked from the engine heat and it's comfortable to ride all day.

a575903781475b236f2f465f2093161b.jpg

Here is a vid from the last bike race I worked back in Oct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy man, thats what it is about.

I grew up on dirt bikes in the desert. Almost killed myself a number of times, and ran over a friend on his bike doing 30 when i was behind him and my throttle stuck wide open-dumped the clutch and wheelied right over him. Good times.:)

No more for me now, I wont walk away from the next wreck, and I promise I would wreck again.

Yeah, I've had more dirt bikes than I care to remember. Bad concussion and a shattered wrist convinced me that I didn't have a future career racing MX.

I'm happy with the way things turned out....that bike is my escape and I even get to travel and make a few $$ on the side officiating bike races.

what bike is this?
Got a link on one for sale?
I have been thinking of getting one that I can ride to work.
I want a Kawasaki KLR 650.

Here's a KLR for sale in Austin with a ton of aftermarket goods.

KLR/DRZ are good bikes. Fun to ride and light weight. Take a look at a BMW F650GS also, you can find used ones in the same price range.

The two bikes at the top of this thread are big pig adv bikes. I've got a BMW R1200GS ADV and the green bike is a Ducati Multistrada Enduro (that was a loaner from the dealer).

They're both 1200's and both around 600 pounds. The GS is a solid reliable bike with a boxer engine and has been around in some form for 30 years. The Ducati is new for 2016....it has insane power but it's a Ducati and is expensive to maintain and they're notorious for electrical problems.

Here's a 15 KLR from a for sale ad on Adventure Rider.
2015 Kawasaki KLR 650, Austin, TX $5000

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...hare_tid=1181506&share_fid=14159&share_type=t

Last edited:
I know all about ducati, when I had my 99 ZX9R I wanted one.
It never panned out.
Thanks for the reply. I already got to many toys.
Wife would kill me if I brought anything else home.

Been riding whenever I can lately, it's so much less stressful than driving. Met someone downtown today for lunch....bike was easier to park.

96066bf1eaa969132de36f212de28534.jpg

Yea just rub it in Grady, Temps probably in the 70's or higher, when some of us are fighting cold and wind chills below 10 degrees, your riding the bike.

I know what you are going to say, Move further down south.....:)

That's awesome Grady. I often thought about having one but with the crazy drivers here in Nashville I'm not sure it's my thing.

Yea just rub it in Grady, Temps probably in the 70's or higher, when some of us are fighting cold and wind chills below 10 degrees, your riding the bike.

I know what you are going to say, Move further down south.....:)

This morning it was cold, in the low 50's but it warmed up to about 76. [emoji41]

That's awesome Grady. I often thought about having one but with the crazy drivers here in Nashville I'm not sure it's my thing.

The traffic here is crazy, especially if you try to go across any of the big bridges around rush hour which is getting to where it's jammed up all the time.

Jeff with all the great back roads you guys have, it would be hard not to have one. That trip I took to Louisville this year was awesome even though I worked and didn't get to see much. I think I rode almost 700 miles in 4 days.

That BMW is one of the best bikes I've ever ridden. It handles good, has plenty of beans and is comfortable enough to ride all day. No engine heat and the wind protection keeps you from getting beat up by wind blast.

Jeff with all the great back roads you guys have, it would be hard not to have one. That trip I took to Louisville this year was awesome even though I worked and didn't get to see much. I think I rode almost 700 miles in 4 days.

That's a great way to look at it. I'm trying to buy land outside of Nashville currently to get out of the "city" feel.

Back