• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Adjustable boost "on the fly"?

great white

Reaction score
So, ran across this:

www.a1customs (add in .com if you dare) /dash_mounted_turbo_boost_control_gm_diesel.htm

I'm pretty sure this guy has been "debunked" a several times and the web site hurts my eyes, but:

1. Is there any truth to the concept? As in, adjustable boost levels with a rheostat?

Biggest question:

2. If so, how is it done? I see what looks like a MAP sensor plug in the harness, is he just fooling the signal to the PCM with a variable resistor?

3. If it can be done, can it be done on the OBDII trucks?

4. Doesn't the OBDII system do this sort of thing already? (ie: dial boost up and down on programming)

5. What's the negative aspects of this method (if it works)?

Let's not get into a discussion on the seller, there's no way I'd spend 350 bucks for it and (like I've said) I'm pretty sure the guy has been "reamed" a couple times.

No, I don't have any "ties" to the guy either.

I would just like to explore the proof of concept and implementation of said concept.

Hot link edited for good of the TTS 6.5 family it may not be PC to say so, this vendor puts the TARD in RETARD

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the exact same concept as the boost fooler. Although unlike many that use it to be able to use a manual wastegate actuator, you can adjust how the PCM controls the boost when using the stock vacuum setup. You fool the PCM into thinking you have less boost then you do, so it increases the duty cycle on the vacuum solenoid to give you more boost. You can do it youself for like $30 in parts and some splicing. Unfortunately for the people with the extra Baro sensor, it seems as though if there is too much differnce between the Baro sensor and the MAP then it does dumb things, so you have to fool both.

Oh lord please don't say you ventured onto steak boys crap, does your computer have adequate spam, virus, and junk mail protection, I'd run a deep scan just to be safe, he has been banned for every website in the Diesel world with exception of the one he owns.

As Buddy says, it is a dash mounted boost fooler, a sucker born every minute if you buy it, maybe $10 of parts, same fooler concept we use just on a long harness to bring it into the cab .

in addition to trashing websites and other part sellers, several folks have reported buying said fooler, and the "adjustable rate fuel controller" :icon_bs: have it arrive packaged in a old toilet paper, or paper towel tube put together with bad "cold" solder joints fail and A-1 C be difficult in taking care of the issue.

Caveat Emptor when doing business with the "condiment king".

Oh lord please don't say you ventured onto steak boys crap, does your computer have adequate spam, virus, and junk mail protection, I'd run a deep scan just to be safe, he has been banned for every website in the Diesel world with exception of the one he owns.

As Buddy says, it is a dash mounted boost fooler, a sucker born every minute if you buy it, maybe $10 of parts, same fooler concept we use just on a long harness to bring it into the cab .

in addition to trashing websites and other part sellers, several folks have reported buying said fooler, and the "adjustable rate fuel controller" :icon_bs: have it arrive packaged in a old toilet paper, or paper towel tube put together with bad "cold" solder joints fail and A-1 C be difficult in taking care of the issue.

Caveat Emptor when doing business with the "condiment king".

Like I said, let's not trash the guy, It's been done and I have no intention of purchasing anything there.

I just wanted to discuss the concept, as buddy has done.

I figure it was just an adjustable resistor setup and it looks like it is....

Trashing the guy is a must so people reading this forum realize that all he sells is garbage, and so anyone searching for A1 Customs realizes that its all scams with no benefit except to make the scammer money, and the scam purchasers lose money.

Trashing the guy is a must so people reading this forum realize that all he sells is garbage, and so anyone searching for A1 Customs realizes that its all scams with no benefit except to make the scammer money, and the scam purchasers lose money.

Personally, I see a big difference between informing people something is a scam and "trashing" someone...

Back