• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ACTUATOR Heater VALVE Any Help Greatly Appreciated

AdrenalineJunkie

Reaction score
I have a 1996 K2500 Suburban 6.5 Vin F. I currently have the motor and drivetrain out for maintenance, and cant for the life of me figure out where the vaccum lines for the ACTUATOR. Heater. VALVE go. I have searched my service manual, google, and google images. It is a small solenoid mounted to the right of the ac accumulator. It has to hose barbs and a 2 pin electrical connector. I am not sure if it was connected when removed, but my A/c is currently not working(looks like compressor clutch is slipping). Would this have to do with it? The previous owner screwed up some of the vaccum lines/ ellectrical wiring. Very frustrating :mad2:. I have searched for full info on it for hours to no avail. Best i have found is lower hose connects to heater hose.

I believe it is GM PN 15165891

This website diagram shows it as going to crank case over or egr, but i have no egr. http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=432505

Part image http://i.tfcdn.com/img2/3XdE0mwADck...JgsCbJuljRKLCYk7hFibMKv2Xh-RQevf4B/fvUG-v8A.B

So anyone know where I hook this up? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ok... heater controls are electric not vacuum. I get that.
Non the less, there is a solenoid (part #19 in my second post image) sitting just to the right of my ac accumulator. It is called an ACTUATOR Heater VALVE according to parts.nallygmc.com. It has two hose barbs and a 2 pin electrical connector on it. In the image its lower barb connects to the Heater A/C Control Bypass Valve on the heater hose.
What do I hook the upper barb to?

I just looked on rockauto to be sure but there is no vacuum controlled heater parts on a 6.5 diesel. there are only electric blend doors etc. vacuum is only used to control turbo, egr(which you shouldn't have on a vin f). if you have that part was the burb originally a gasser?

That valve does not exist on 6.5 trucks or BURBS. Heck I have yet to see a gasser with it even though some catalogs list it. Sounds like somebody added it into yours not knowing it doesn't go on it. 6.5's just ran the coolant through the heater cores all the time. Post up a picture as it sounds like you are talking about the low pressure switch wires, not a heater control plug.

Ok my service manual states there are 3 air actuated valves within the heater module. Temp, vent, and defrost valves. Service manual Under Heater and Ventilation Page 1A-3 Air distribution system.

The truck is vin F so it was originally the diesel.

I am attaching an image of it. It doesn't look like it has been hooked up to anything for a while. I'm just thinking how did it get there.

Attachments

• 2014-04-06_16-53-16_35.jpg
    2014-04-06_16-53-16_35.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 9
1996 C/K Truck Service Manual By GM (distributed by Bishco Automobile Literature). I'm not sure but think its the factory GM service manual

That's a first for me. I have looked at quite a few diesel BURBS, and have never seen one with the valve on it. I have read in parts catalogs where they say there is supposed to be a valve, but never actually seen one. Are you the origanal owner of the BURB?

Thanks for the info THEFERMANATOR. I am not first owner. I bought it from a used car dealer last year.

It had 140k on it, and had recently been worked on. It looked like clean work when I bought it... Now I am trying to fix lots of poor repairs :mad2:. Electrical connectors glued on, a hot wire just leading nowhere, leaky injectors, etc. Both heads are cracked and I didn't see any makings on the pre cups. I think they were swapped. Now just putting enough into it to reach 200K. going to save up for a p400.

I saw a thread with vacuum actuated AC system in the other forum, but that was for a 2000 van and also somebody's truck in Australia.
It does exist but it is not in a burb.

Back