• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Actual, honest, real world MPG from your 6.5

Air bags makes my K3500 ride a lot nicer.
When installing an air compressor for the air bags or air shocks. Need a system that isolates each side.
I don't think that would be too hard to do. I have an old compressor that came from some kind of vehicle air suspension in my parts stash, had it sitting there for several years. all I would need are a couple of leveling valves and some tiny air line tubing to tie into.

there were a lot of older sedans that used air ride systems, I'll have to search amazon and other online sources for some parts to see what I can come up with on a cheap budget. put that compressor up to some actual use!

Heck, if they make air shocks for the front end that might make a world of a difference if I go to a lighter spring like the 3/4 ton ones!

I don't think that would be too hard to do. I have an old compressor that came from some kind of vehicle air suspension in my parts stash, had it sitting there for several years. all I would need are a couple of leveling valves and some tiny air line tubing to tie into.

there were a lot of older sedans that used air ride systems, I'll have to search amazon and other online sources for some parts to see what I can come up with on a cheap budget. put that compressor up to some actual use!

Heck, if they make air shocks for the front end that might make a world of a difference if I go to a lighter spring like the 3/4 ton ones!
My son got some kind of air bags that fits the front end of his 2019 Dodge one ton.
Dont know where He got them from. I am not sure but I think it is coil front springs.

It depends if you want to spend little cash and have manual control or spend more money and use solenoids.

You know I am all about simplistic mechanical instead of more expensive electric stuff.
the way the central tire inflation system on hummers work is a good example of how to do it.
If you can call me FaceTime is the best way to show you it and how it would work with one solenoid to drain air, and one switch to turn on compressor, then one valve to control airing up both rear at same time or one rear side at a time.

Back