• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Accuracy of Snapon Modis Scan Tool

Woody35

Reaction score
I know some people have expressed doubts on the accuracy of info using snap on scan tools so i was wondering if tdc offset was one of these. I took my truck in to my autos class for a code and when i was looking at the tdc offset and it was at -2.46.

new injection pump was put on at chevy stealership in april of this year and when i put in the new pcm from kojo i did the koko procedure. maybe this is why my truck rattles like no other and gets so so fuel economy.

I tried "Modis" on my truck and it read -1.94 after "Dealer installed" my IP under warranty, a few years ago......I highly doubt the GM Tech said..."Let me make this guys TDCO -1.94 so his truck has some more pep"......I would think he would go the GM spec route as far as installation ans setting timing.

Did you set 1.94 or whatever the "Kojo procedure" is?

No one to date that I know of has any comparison Data of the Snap ON Modis vs Tech 2. I know TD has a serious difference when using a Brick(MT2500).

-2.64 is same as what the MT2500 96-98 cartridge shows for a -.75 factory setting, Snap-On was supposed to have corrected this error, find somebody with a Carcode, AutoEngenuity, or T2/T2 clone I think Matcos scan tool works exactly like a T2 and read the difference, you can use Snap On tools once you know what the proper offset is disappointing they still have this issue, but since it involvers such a small population of vehicle they probably could care less about correcting it.

Back