• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A-Team turbo on board

So what kind of turbo is that? looks like a mitsubisi, did I spell that right? I posted the same question at the place when all hell broke loose. After I get these $30,000 in medical bills out of the way Ill have to get the A team.

Genesis of ATT was Mitsubishi TD-07 22A, used on Fuso trucks and a trackhoe 6.9L engine IIRC, Slim found one on ebay bragged to me about it, I had to have one, he found me a site JAW also on ebay, I bought it & imported it to me for me, sent it to Slim & paid him to finish the fab work to make it rough fit, I did some of the final mods to it as my set up was different, his used a spacer between turbo & exhaust manifold, mine didn't.

Slim found another source patterned it after TDO7 plus some tweaks, since I had ability to grab data real time, and had tons of it decided to compare ATT to TD07, got the ATT from Slim after he had put some miles on it, ran it on mine liked it so much, made him an offer and kept it for me, rest is history.

I have had ATT since last summer I think it has 12K or better on it since I've had it, dummy me I for got to write down odometer when I installed it but it has had about 1000 miles on it every week since Sept, some of those were bi-weekly trips GA to MS and back, vs weekly so there is the math error for actual known mileage, plus home for Christmas, New year, and Thanksgiving

There you have it great conspiracy behind the ATT, that is TDs sole financial interest in ATT, tried a turbo liked it bought it, and sung it's praises, help debug minor errors in it so my 6.5 brothers would not get burned on a useless lump of iron, Mine isn't as pretty as ones Slim sells, not quite a bailing wire setup but you can tell it is in test configureation and not a final version.

Turbine Doc and Slim -

I am sorry to say that I am just now catching up on the drama over on "the old board".

Needless to say that the treatment that you received there by the apparent owners and other Mods caused me to lose my cool.

I hope that you are not too upset by my "nuclear" salvo launched in this thread...

Regards,

:iagree:... Well said / written Golds, & That wasn`t chicken.!

My wish was to put across my point of view as "a"... Hmmm they closed it ,Gary / Chris thanks for your chosen words..

Last edited:
Golds, I'm with you. I RARELY go to the other site anymore. All of the interesting people are here now.

Going there is like going to the bar on saturday nite & waiting for the fights to break out .

Turbine Doc and Slim -

I am sorry to say that I am just now catching up on the drama over on "the old board".

Needless to say that the treatment that you received there by the apparent owners and other Mods caused me to lose my cool.

I hope that you are not too upset by my "nuclear" salvo launched in this thread...

Regards,

Golds, your thread has been torpedoed on the other forum.

Damn.....your thread got toasted....guess my last piece of input on that forum will live in the garbage can....

Shame,,..matuve this happened to your thread with your first class pictures & in put, the volcano (turbo)..erupted, start a new, so we can join it when we have attach the prodigy to "our" Trucks...:smile5:.... Mods..?

yup, sunshine, not sure it is worth the time and pain to start another A-team thread on the other place---
Not that I'm afraid of being banned, if they do that let's them do that.
No, the point is that I'm not sure they have understood I just wanted to share and talk technical.
I believe they are still thinking there's a conspiracy from a gang, with memebers from New Caledonia, MS, Detroit, Canada, and else.

As I PMd a modo at the place, they get the power, the problem is to make the difference between using it or abusing...

I know here they know, so I will continue posting here for sure. I will do some test in the week end (hauling, WOT, etc...) and will let you know guys.

At the other place, maybe one user will ask for test results... I'll see

yup, sunshine, not sure it is worth the time and pain to start another A-team thread on the other place---
Not that I'm afraid of being banned, if they do that let's them do that.
No, the point is that I'm not sure they have understood I just wanted to share and talk technical.
I believe they are still thinking there's a conspiracy from a gang, with memebers from New Caledonia, MS, Detroit, Canada, and else.

As I PMd a modo at the place, they get the power, the problem is to make the difference between using it or abusing...

I know here they know, so I will continue posting here for sure. I will do some test in the week end (hauling, WOT, etc...) and will let you know guys.

At the other place, maybe one user will ask for test results... I'll see

Ooops.. I meant here to get rid of the sour taste...peeoui..

Originally Posted by MRBachand
Go to dieseltowingresource.com and join us in the 6.5 section. We can openly talk freely about the awesome turbo.

BTW, Member Stateman here, or Slim Shady there is the one who is marketing a bolt on kit, basically for cost which is why he can't afford to become a vender here for them. Hes not in it to make money, just to make them available

I PM'ed him this. Hopefully we'll see him here.

I'm sorry you guys for all this drama. It seems it never ends. And since Stew is reading both boards, I think he may have a misconception on links and advertising. Of course, I could be wrong.

Thanks Nick we know where we Stand..

Edit: a stew for me is something or one that should be put in a pot with a Lid on IT..Final

Hey guys, read every post in this thread, and a bunch of other threads, and I must say I am quite impressed with Diesel Towing Resource. MUCH better technical information on here about upgrading things. Also I would like to add that I find it VERY handy that all of you kept your same user ID's, thank you for that.

Back