• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A question to all the diesel guru's in the crowd!

Yup pre 97 run of the mill 6.5, not no dual t stat, and ac compressor on pass side, S engine RPO code L56 should be on the sticker in the glove box, need to scrape off the Cat badge go by Hummer dealer or online somewhere and get a more appropriate 6.5 badge

TD, what do you make of their 400HP claims?

In a marine engine with unlimited cooling that is going to be set at a peak load rpm setting, with proper fuel delivery, and addition of a SC and intercooling, I'm thinking not out of realm of possibility for 400 flywheel Hp, remember Heath land speed racer twin turbo is estimating 500 flywheel Hp.

I have Cat mudflaps. Never heard of a Cat Chevy, cant wait to see the pics!
picture.php
He Deere, wat's that friesian horse doing in your sig, you own it?

Nice looking truck by the way

Yep - regular old 1500 Yukon....nothing CAT about it....

Nice looking unit though!

Realized I forgot to say nice truck!! Looks like fun 'little' ride!! I bet it gets out of its own way in a hurry, and fun to drive!

It is a nice ride, I wouldnt mind having one but I would really have no use for it. I seen one that was black at a stop light, it looked like it just rolled off the lot. Looked all stock but in pefect condition.

Maybe some day I'll get one for a run around rig.

Need to get after that heater hose connection B4 you lose the engine to lost coolant - simultaneously get after that PMD: should be a remote-mounted FSD B4 the end of today - also see something strange down between the ac comp and the waterpump - then, go over all the connectors and grounds, make sure all is functional - need to perform some severe ablutions on the general engine\engine bay, while yer at it.............

Realized I forgot to say nice truck!! Looks like fun 'little' ride!! I bet it gets out of its own way in a hurry, and fun to drive!

Yeah they are fun and get out of their own way pretty good. Got a long list of mods for mine when I get back from Italy in a few years. Top of the list is full rebuild of engine and tranny with a tranfer case swap and solid front axle.
Right now it is the best road trip vehicle I have ever owned. Just hit the highway and set the cruise and it stays right there for 500 miles or so and is an absolute pleasure to drive.:thumbsup:

Need to get after that heater hose connection B4 you lose the engine to lost coolant - simultaneously get after that PMD: should be a remote-mounted FSD B4 the end of today - also see something strange down between the ac comp and the waterpump - then, go over all the connectors and grounds, make sure all is functional - need to perform some severe ablutions on the general engine\engine bay, while yer at it.............

Yes, I know I have ALOT to do under that hood as screwed up as everything looks. First and foremost, I have to change the flywheel.

Back